The VG Resource

Full Version: Jeff - The Hero Of Justice [ART]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am new to the VG Resource website, and this is my first post. I have been working on this for.. well, 20 minutes, but it's been a good work out of my eyes. So, here it is. Please no very-angry criticism please. I also hope this comes out right.

[Image: Jeff-The-Hero-Of-Justice-314963498]
The image is showing properly for me.
[Image: jeff___the_hero_of_justice_by_minewizar-d57ire2.png]
And this should probably go in Spriting and Pixel Art Smile (A mod will get it)

(I'm not trying to come off as mean)
He's quite an entertaining character, but that sprite needs a lot more work.
You don't HAVE to be a good artist on paper to make decent pixel art, but you should really practice a bit more.
For starters, the line art really needs to be cleaned up. Those jaggies need to be smoothed and the overall anatomy needs to be fixed.
(Check terms in the spriting dictionary)

Next is the shading. Right now he's really flat and his shirt comes off as oddly polygonal. Light wraps around objects; not layer through them.
And the colors need some work too. Do more than make a color lighter or darker. Hue-shift around to some different shades. If your working with blue, you can go to purple or green(purple is better in most cases) and change saturation around too. It all depends really. Just try things out.
Checking the spriting dictionary will help tremendously Smile
moving.