The VG Resource

Full Version: Koopalings Custom rpg sprite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My firsts sprites, I made with 100 % custom.
I used the tales of phantasia's palette. Smile

http://i71.servimg.com/u/f71/15/77/52/78/koopal10.png
Moving to the spriting boards for feedback.
I know you're restricting your palette, but the browns are really not appropriate for these characters. Things like the hair and shells are incredibly pillow shaded. The bodies look the same for each Koopaling, despite them having dramatically different bodies (Look at Roy vs Jr, for example), and they look incredibly stiff.

It's good that you've freehanded them, but you still have a ways to go.
I don't even know what I'm looking at because the colors don't convey the lighting or the actual colors the characters should have well.
Like said before, you really should change the sprites skin colour. Many colours also suffer from bad contrast and are hard to read.

Your face colour etc. should look more like this
Thank for comments. Smile

I corrected the palette and roy, he's larger.

http://i71.servimg.com/u/f71/15/77/52/78/koopal12.png
Looking much better! As for the Koopalings themselves, they look a bit too tall. Lemmy's goggles are hard to read when he's facing forward(hard to tell what they are).
Rather than just pasting the link you can put [img]-link to picture here-[/img]
(08-21-2013, 11:00 PM)Quotient Wrote: [ -> ]Looking much better! As for the Koopalings themselves, they look a bit too tall. Lemmy's goggles are hard to read when he's facing forward(hard to tell what they are).

You want to say "Iggy's goggles" ?
Iggy's hair looks like a asparagus.
Iggy's hair look like a plant. X)

hum... I redo iggy's new hairs :
[Image: iggy_n16.png]
the problem with all those sprites is that they are all dark, dull, and the colors are almost near gray. give it more saturation, contrast and the sprite shall improve a lot.
(08-26-2013, 11:11 PM)Gorsalami Wrote: [ -> ]the problem with all those sprites is that they are all dark, dull, and the colors are almost near gray. give it more saturation, contrast and the sprite shall improve a lot.

Like this ? [Image: iggy_n17.png]
[Image: z2Zl1iJ.png]
I'd suggest something more like this.
Your pallette is better. Smile
I change a little you pallette : [Image: z2zl1i10.png]
Pages: 1 2 3