The VG Resource

Full Version: Wario & Waluigi: Bad Dream Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 15pizrp.jpg]
Okay so this Wario is all kinda of wonky but I had to post mine before Star made one but I plan on fixing it up some more. Main issue is that I'm busy with a commission so it may be a while till I get around to it, but whatever.

EDIT- I'm looking at the sprite on my 3ds, and it seems less awkward now for some reason (probably because I'm not zoomed in), but I think I'll change his overall's colors.

EDIT2- Starting on Waluigi, still a few things I need to fix on him.
[Image: 2vdlk6d.jpg]
(08-19-2013, 09:10 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 15pizrp.jpg]
Okay so this Wario is all kinda of wonky but I had to post mine before Star made one but I plan on fixing it up some more. Main issue is that I'm busy with a commission so it may be a while till I get around to it, but whatever.

EDIT- I'm looking at the sprite on my 3ds, and it seems less awkward now for some reason (probably because I'm not zoomed in), but I think I'll change his overall's colors.
I think you should get rid of the line between the teeth and the mouth. It doesn't really fit with the style. (Also I know there's gonna be contrast issues but I think you could clear it up with a little grey.)
Yeah.... Wario sure is one hell of a dream boat isn't he?

[Image: No_Wario__NOOOOO______by_Da_Phase_Meister.jpg]

Oh wait we're talking about Mario and Luigi styled sprites? my bad. Anyways, I feel like Wario's legs are a tad longer than they need to be. Remember that his legs are supposed to be stubby. So I would say shorten them up so that you can barely see them.
I think his nose should be brought down a pixel or two (probably just one, since the area you're working in is so small). There are also some readability issues in the shoes.
Here we go, I made some changes as suggested, plus a few of my own.
[Image: 2dgjrwz.jpg]
First, Frar.
Now Chaoxys.

So..World War-io III has begun.

As for actual critique, I find his overalls to be pretty dark. The shoes seem weird to me, so I would try to shape them up a bit more.
The legs look like they're a bit too close together, I'd spread them out a bit. Also, there are some jagged lines on the hat.
Alright, made some more changes.
[Image: 2rdz0d1.jpg]
The lower half of Wario's face seems to be a bit too thin and almost looks like it's a bit pointy.
Now that's the Wario I could see Nintendo makin'

But...I think Wario's legs should have some sort of shading separation from his belly.
He looks like he has buck teeth in the new one.
(08-20-2013, 05:19 PM)Ton Wrote: [ -> ]He looks like he has buck teeth in the new one.

In addition to that, his chin blends into the teeth making it look weird.
Yeah, I'm adding that line back where it was. Removing it did more harm that good.
I tried adding a line on the teeth to make help break things up but idk, maybe it didn't help too much. Idk, what would be better, this version of the teeth or something more like the first one (without the line).

Anyways, heres the newest one.
[Image: 21c6yk4.jpg]

EDIT- This would be the alt. I think the teeth are more in style.
[Image: 30kuhqg.jpg]
WAA!
One more thing, the little band around the glove at the part of the glove you insert your hand into, it looks as though Wario's arms connect at a downwards perspective, which is weird. It's an easy fix, all you really need to do is to swap out the curving line on the band above the glove with a diagonal one.
Also, this is what I meant by the band:
[Image: rgiAb1k.jpg]
I had it based on how Mario and Luigi's were, unless I'm misunderstanding you.
Pages: 1 2