The VG Resource

Full Version: Pokemon Origins (new series, starring Red)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New anime announced based on the first few set of games. Ash is trashed for now apparently...

...in place for RED and co

[Image: origins2.jpg]

[Image: origins3.jpg]

[Image: origins4.jpg]

[Image: origins5.jpg]

Little nostalgic stuff but, art style of the older episodes is back (thin vertical eyes, more realistic/plain/casual clothes, and taller figures that make them appear older than they are, character designs based off of the in game sprites/artwork).
It's about bloody time. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum needed the boot years ago. I look forward to this! Seems to be based on FireRed/LeafGreen actually. Look at those outfits XD.
http://www.vg-resource.com/showthread.php?tid=23634
One should be merged into the other.

Personally, I barely watch the anime anymore (more because it's not possible rather than not wanting to), and chances are I won't be able to see this one either. But it looks like an interesting idea, having 2 separate anime for the same franchise.
I believe this is a special, not a series, as in, only a handful of episodes.
Yep, it is a special. They won't can Ash that easily.

It's good fanservice though, I didn't see the trailer yet, but the screens are looking good
Actually, word is that this is a separate series that will go along with the X and Y one.
Siliconera reports it as a special, so does Bulbapedia. I think it's safe to say it will have no more than 20 episodes, which means it will only cover Red/Green games and not be a new anime series based on the games.
what even is that flying cat statue behind red
The gym statues
But they are Rhyhorn statues...
I believe it's been confirmed as a 2 hour special.