The VG Resource

Full Version: Custom Mario sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These Mario sprites are based off of SMB3 and SMW sprites. They took a long time to make...

[Image: mario_game_sprites_by_epiccharizard09-d5yu9nx.png]

Sorry, EpicCharizard09 is me from dA. Just to clear things up, here's the real sheet:

[Image: mario_game_sprites_by_pokemarioroflcopterz-d5yu9nx.png]
There doesn't appear to be enough contrast with the current colors(you may want to make the darker colors more noticeable), the mini Mario and item blocks seem to be squished and look a bit fuzzy (they should have separate sprites instead of resized versions of the originals), the jump is a little odd in my opinion and not like the original(normally he has one arm/leg forward, his body is usually more upright and there is usually a falling sprite) and his legs could go a bit further out to make it seem more like he is walking/running.
-Edit: What the Heck!? Stealing is one of the worse things you can do! Especially on a site like this!
[Image: e9473209a388cdbfd8c5b9ffddb8b710.gif] Mario Looks like he's doing some strange Tap dance rather then actually walking
Walking in it's simplest form is kinda like this
[Image: Walk+cycle+sample.jpg]

And even simpler
[Image: breakdown-of-walk-cycle.jpg]

Or you can read up on walking on this page of the Spriter's Dictionary
When You want to see how your walk is coming out or how well your animation is coming (It's much better than spriting by eye) You can use an Animator. Luckily, a resource member has made a easy to use one with lotsa features http://www.vg-resource.com/showthread.php?tid=14974
You stole these. I've seen them other places.
(07-21-2013, 10:15 PM)Quotient Wrote: [ -> ]You stole these. I've seen them other places.
[citation needed]
They're on MFGG somewhere. I'm too lazy to look through the sprites, but they were meant to be Mario Party Advance styled movement for SMW Mario. He recolored them and called them completely his.
(07-22-2013, 12:57 PM)Quotient Wrote: [ -> ]They're on MFGG somewhere. I'm too lazy to look through the sprites, but they were meant to be Mario Party Advance styled movement for SMW Mario. He recolored them and called them completely his.

It seems to be mostly an edit of these. The Mario world style seems to be by raccoon sam from mfgg by the way.
[Image: marioadvanced.png]
Yo, this is kinda embarassing and all but that jump sprite edit there is mine

[Image: ZU9eC5r.png]

I don't really care about having my shit edits being stolen, but doing that is still an act of stealing. When making something that uses others' work, please reference them in the credits. If you steal edits like these, then stealing customs is a probability.