The VG Resource

Full Version: Lugia WIP[Kirbyfan42]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 0eace5c0a304869b69b3c0314c52737e-d6d3t7s.png]
It's a bit sloppy in some spots, but you get the idea.

I don't know how far I'll get in this, but I figured I'd share what I have. =)
The bottom jaw is kinda' freaking me out. Try moving it horizontally closer to the top part of the head. Also, smooth out the arc of his head, the anti-aliasing of it is starting to become pillow-shading, too.

Other than that, it's not too bad!I like the eyes and the furrow around it! Big Grin
What do you mean with the jaw? Do you mean the angle/perspective/whatever is off? I've noticed that, but I don't understand the horizontal thing. XD
(07-12-2013, 12:52 PM)Kirbyfan42 Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean with the jaw? Do you mean the angle/perspective/whatever is off? I've noticed that, but I don't understand the horizontal thing. XD

What I mean is, just move the bottom jaw along the horizontal x-axis.
[Image: bltw.png]

I actually moved it diagonally.
The lower jaw is a bit "gargoyle-like", in that it's pretty wide and not pointy enough. Not to mention it's got a large lump on its head, when Lugia has a pretty streamlined head.

Here, this'll help:
[Image: 249Lugia.png]
The anti-aliasing is a bit excessive on the edges.
I'm not super familiar with the Pokemon style, so whether or not that's bad in the style is beyond me.
And if it is, then it may not look good without the anti-aliasing, either way.
To address the comments about the anatomy:
http://neslug.deviantart.com/art/L-vs-H-...-157262194
I will, nonetheless, revise the jaw and head when time allows.

And I'll definitely be looking at the shading again, as some of it certainly isn't great.

I'd like to note that this isn't done in any particular style other than my own. I like to implement lots of AA around the edges, which is controversial. I think it gives a nice, rich, thicker, smooth outline when appropriate. Also, having been greatly influenced by the Kirby games and their arts, there will be some banding. I've been trying to stray from that more, since it's really unpopular, but I personally never minded it Tongue.

I can't tell you exactly when I'll get to work on this more, put I'll give it my best shot to find time within the next week.

Thanks.