The VG Resource

Full Version: recolorme recolors himself
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: D5XCHKM.gif]

some old character i used to have. decided to sprite him again i guess.

crits are nice, yes?
Main things I notice off-hand are that his arms are too long compared to his legs, so either make the legs longer or the arms shorter (the former would look better I think) and the arms are like noodles for some reason... His right arm sticks out more though cause the upper arm after the shoulder just kind of curves out, which doesn't show the definition of the joint? I think? I'm also curious why his eyes are piercing red but that's not a critique from me. Tongue The scarf though looks like it's just kind of coming out from the back, and you can't really tell it's wrapped around his neck so I'd work on giving him a bit of a neck so you can show the scarf.
also design tip: give him a differently colored scarf so it doesn't blend with the shirt Smile
update

[Image: XCBV0EQ.gif]

i added a 2x version just so you guys can examine closer.
He looks a bit bow-legged and is it just me, or is his torso too long?
Also, the hand against his side is as thin as his arm, so you might want to make it bulge there so that it doesn't seem like a restroom sign arm. That's my only critique; I'd love to see this as an animation, though, with a moving cape.