The VG Resource

Full Version: Official Not-Coz (anymore) Sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Many years ago, I started a small project to which I had no idea how big it would get. Soon later it became a game known as Super Mario Coz. With the gracious help of Ridge Troopa, we created an abundant of sprites for the game. To no luck, programmers quit on us numerous times.

After years of being sent to the nether regions of my hard drive, the sprites had no hope. It was a shame that all the hard work would've been for nothing. However, recently we decided to spruce up and make these sprites officially (and finally) available to the public. So, today I bring to you what is here, and what will be to come in the next few weeks.
I bring to you, what could have been:

[Image: 3XFYcXD.png][Image: Dc5U2JA.png][Image: 9rwy5IU.png]

[Image: 4sSunNY.png][Image: CUWhads.png][Image: xqcGsUu.pngg][Image: ovs5Sya.png]

[Image: XWmad4H.png][Image: hn9gN6Z.png][Image: qXsMSta.png][Image: JXSh3Z6.png]

[Image: DL1hIoV.png][Image: R4lXT4S.png][Image: T2DCaDl.png][Image: 8HtNmxh.png]

[Image: 7LNgRp3.png][Image: xVjXQ9o.png][Image: fV0kn2h.png][Image: yJLoH3P.png][Image: 8pcBGLQ.png]

TILESET
MAP TILESET

ANIMATIONS:
As stated these took a long time to complete, so we only ask for some simple credit if you intend to use them.
A lot of the thumbnail(?) image links are broken.
Yeah, sorry about that. I cleaned it all up and made it look nicer.
Hey Gameboy! Been a while!

I did always love these sprites. They're structured well and your choice of colors are satisfying for the Mario world.

One thing always bugged me that Luigi looks like he's uncomfortably hanging on to his shoulders. If I'm correct you probably based the pose off of his sprite in M&LUnsureS in which he's hanging on to his overall straps.

Since the sprite is in 3/4's view I figured you could do more with the arm. I edited for you if you don't mind.
[Image: SpAAjht.png]
But I think this is the direction you should go with for his arms.
I got to say, these sprites look frikkin great. Excellent job on all of them.
The Big Boo looks kind of square-shaped.
(07-03-2013, 08:51 PM)Trollerskates Wrote: [ -> ]The Big Boo looks kind of square-shaped.

Redid the Big Boo sprites, as well as flesh out some sprites for both regular and big boo. I wanted to get some SMW inspiration for Boo.

Speaking of SMW, this little guy was only featured in that game, and I figured he might wanna join the ranks here.
[Image: urb5Lv2.png]

Also thank you Ninspriterx, I'll look into working on Luigi's pose. I agree that it did seem a bit unnatural, but maybe too unnatural for Luigi.
Sorry for the double post, but this is kind-a an important update.
After looking at my Mario sprites, I noticed some things that are a bit off or missing, such as well, he can't swim yet.
[Image: YnxVNmG.gif]
I also changed that awful walking animation to something that better represents the newer games
[Image: S0mb7oJ.gif]
And also, after consideration, I decided to add another mechanic to the mix:

[Image: 4Wperi3.gif] [Image: RvCUTWE.gif]
SMB2 styled carrying! It is also featured very loosely in the New Super Mario Brothers Series, but I wanted to bring it back since the mechanic is used in allot of fangames.
I also added wall jumping, entering doors, and good ole' fashioned edge scaling from NSMB:

[Image: tpoEhlq.gif][Image: Wd37w5N.gif][Image: lqzgkEG.gif]

The Full Super Mario Sheet is now updated in the front page. I am now working on updating the smaller Mario sprites to match these fantastic additions.
the third animation's background is redrawing for every frame, you might want to reanimate it.