The VG Resource

Full Version: Can we do anything about 3DS ripping yet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today I found out that 3DS games are being/have been dumped. Having said that, has anybody figured out how to get content out of these dumped roms? Are they compressed, or are they simple to get into like DS roms were? I'm completely aware that there's no emulators but can files atleast be extracted and such?

Also, has anybody found out if there's a general format for 3DS like BRRES or NSBMD?

Edit, I just found this http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/3DSExplorer
Not just yet. Even now, the 3DSExplorer program can't get at the RomFS.bin, which is most likely where all the game's files are stored.

At the current rate, I wouldn't expect it to get figured out for at least two or three more years.
Hate to bump but I dare to disagree. My best bet is inside one year from posting this.
The decapping fundraiser is nearing its completion, I'll give it 3 months. Once that's done, the analysis will take a few months, tops. After that it's just a matter of time until someone programs a general, 'true' 3DS file explorer.

3DS emulator? That will take way longer.