The VG Resource

Full Version: Jon left Game grumps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Good, maybe they will both get off the lets play cash cow. Ego will go back to drawing and Jon will go back to being good.
(06-25-2013, 04:49 PM)Viiper Wrote: [ -> ]Good, maybe they will both get off the lets play cash cow. Ego will go back to drawing and Jon will go back to being good.
Holy shit yes. I missed the Jontron Show ever so much. Jontron's brand of humor works better when it's refined over time (i.e. scripted) in lieu of on-the-spot.
I'm not against change or anything, but this was extremely quick and caught me of guard.
Like, within the course of an hour, we find out he left and a new video is uploaded with the new guy.
That's fine I guess, but Steam Train is just dumb imo. It's like their friends found out that making noises with games playing in the background makes money, and they wanted in. I gave them a chance, but they aren't my forte. That's too much Dan.
I don't find Arin all that funny to be honest. Jon is what kept me watching, although I preferred his original stuff. Hopefully Jon goes back to that level of quality if not better. This new guy just seems obnoxious and Pewdiepie like (and I hate pewdiepie)
Not before they finished Sonic 06

not before emerald

so sudden...

Maybe now Jon's channel can see some updates. I really liked his handling of his reviews on both the games and horrible movies. Most of the things he tackled were off my radar too, so it's always nice to see people taking a look at games behind what's popular and all the rage. My channel is all about finding things like that, because there are many buried gems under the fussy popular games.

On a side note, shouldn't this be a post in the Gaming Lounge? I'm not rent-a-modding or anything like that, but I thought we all just talked about broad horizon subjects being topics, and specific things like this being a post in the lounge.
Ok.

Let me clarify. I'm not a Game Grumps hater. I really enjoyed it when it started, and I still chuckle from time to time, even though it mostly serves as background noise while I upload to TSR or whatever.
That said, it had grown stale. I watched the first Punch Out video with the new guy and it was pretty funny. Maybe that's what it needed.
Never really caught anything they did as Game Grumps. But if this is real hope Jon goes back to making more reviews. I wonder why he quit.

EDIT: Found out.

Quote:Ok, so the story goes that JonTron NOT ONLY left GG to continue with JonTronShow, but also to live with his gf in New York. And for everyones sake, Sonic 06 is complete and barry will upload all the rest of the episodes later.
Why can't it just be Barry and Arin... I'd be fine with that

good to hear sonic 06 is done, thats the perfect farewell gift

still so much gone undone Cry
I really love the show. Not every episode is gold, but that's understandable with the show's format. However, there's episodes like THIS where they go absolutely off the wall and I can't stop laughing:

I'm excited to hear that he will be doing more of his regular show, though. Like he said, he's not really going anywhere, just not going to be on GG anymore.

skip to 2:30~

i watched the first episode with the new guy and i don't really like it at all and egh

i'm glad jon will be working on his show, but i'm kinda disappointed

[audible crying intensifies]
It just happened so quickly.
I liked GG in the beginning, but always thought Jon was annoying. Overtime though I grew to really not agree with ego on much of anything and started to really hate his whining, whereas Jon was usually pretty happy and entertaining. As the series went on I fell out because I really started to get annoyed by ego.
So I dunno! Good on Jon. He's a nice guy and he has good priorities.
I just watched the Punch out one. The new guy is actually pretty funny, I think it's just Arin who isn't all that funny.

EDIT: I think it should be Jon and the new guy now, haha.
Pages: 1 2 3