The VG Resource

Full Version: Mega Mush
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let today go down in history as the day that I was the first one to sprite an enemy from the upcoming M&L game. Cool

So yeah, I noticed a screenshot on the Japanese M&L: DT site had a random cactus enemy, so I sprited it.
[Image: 2s115sp.jpg]

Heres the original pictue btw
http://oi39.tinypic.com/dq3ki0.jpg

I took a few creative liberties, like making him not have ball feet, and I changed his body structure a bit.
looks nice but i cant see the original pic. I can never see images hosted on tinypic, idk why.
[Image: 3jjPD.png]
Seems pretty good...I don't understand why you got rid of the feet, though. Things will turn out silly if those weird ball feet end up serving an offensive purpose in the final game. XD
(06-19-2013, 12:49 PM)DragonDePlatino Wrote: [ -> ]Seems pretty good...I don't understand why you got rid of the feet, though. Things will turn out silly if those weird ball feet end up serving an offensive purpose in the final game. XD

Idk, I've never been a fan of that style of feet on Mario characters, when it's just the feet and no legs. It works on the smaller enemies, but for this guy, being as big and tall as he is, idk, just seems weird.
Shiitaking
[Image: 34glzle.jpg]
The first real boss in my roommates MMORPG thing.
Woah, looks nice! The belly button could use less aa I think.
[Image: 2znvp84.jpg]
Idk, I removed the AA but without the darker outline on the bottom of his belly button, it doesn't seem to pop out as much, but without the AA, the darker outline looks weird. Idk, maybe I'm just imagining things, it is 3 am where I am after all. What do you guys think?

EDIT- Granted, I probably could have used less AA instead of completely removing it from the bottom like a dumb person. I'll try fixing it up some more tomorrow or whenever.
So vibrant! Makes me wanna start to sprite again, amazing work meng.
his cap and the head by extent is looking really flat, I can't see it as a mushroom cap. make a more convincing shading taking the volume into account, the cap's front at the moment is a single cluster, which shouldn't be due to the curvy aspect of it.
Ah, I see what you mean. I'll try and fix that up sometime soon after I finish some work on a commission I'm doing.
quick paintjob to show what I mean

[Image: f905d594627044d8a2c519dec6490aa3.png]

original, edit and an hypothetical side view. I picture him with the cap tilted backwards, which also tilts the crown. don't forget to distort the skull pattern when nearing the surface distortion.

(i also suggest you to use a simpler skull pattern, as this one is kinda artificial)
Your style reminds me a lot of that Monster Tale game on DS.
(06-24-2013, 09:43 PM)Gorsalami Wrote: [ -> ]quick paintjob to show what I mean

[Image: f905d594627044d8a2c519dec6490aa3.png]

original, edit and an hypothetical side view. I picture him with the cap tilted backwards, which also tilts the crown. don't forget to distort the skull pattern when nearing the surface distortion.

(i also suggest you to use a simpler skull pattern, as this one is kinda artificial)

Ah, that makes sense, thanks.