The VG Resource

Full Version: Need Custom Spriter (Paid Work)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am looking for a dependable custom spriter who I can work with on a consistent basis and can meet deadlines. I am working on a new series in cooperation with Machinima and will need 16bit style sprite sheets for video game characters that were not in 16bit games. These characters will most likely need to fight like they did in my Smash Champ series on youtube. Thus, I would like sprite sheets sort of like this one which I used for episode 1 http://www.spriters-resource.com/custom_...heet/17234.

Please email me at [email protected] and include the following.
1. At least three examples of your 100% custom sprite work.
2. Your pay requirements (quote it however you want [per hour, per sprite sheet, per pixel, etc])
3. The country you live in (I just want to know how easy it will be to keep in contact)
4. Anything else you think is important :-)

I will occasionally check back here to respond to questions.

Thanks.
why not instead of asking someone to do it you can hone your skills and make your own sprites

That way you save money and feel the achievement that you made a sprite animation using 100% of your work
are you sure you wanna restrict the spriter to the style you linked to ?

tbh i really don't like it, it's devoid of any charm and the colors are pretty bleh

im not a master spriter or anything
just saying is all

also, isn't it going to be a problem for the spriter to make money from copyrighted character designs ?
Hey guys, thanks for the questions!

Hiyna, I am not an artist nor do I desire to become one. I just don’t have the same skills as you all. As a director, I just do not have the time to create sprite sheets (especially the time to “hone my skills”). I would much rather pay a professional like you and save myself 10 hours to focus on other things for the final production.

Lexou, by style I did not mean colors or art. Sorry for the confusion. I was speaking more about layout and size. Please check out my “Smash Champ” series on youtube for a good example. This production is considered a parody so there is absolutely no problem getting paid to make sprite sheets for this. If you are still unsure I encourage you to do quick research on fair-use and copyright laws.
Can you give us an example of a deadline? Like do we have a month to complete a sheet? Or a week?
Akuma,

It depends on a number of factors. The two of us could set deadlines together. If you need a month for each project that could become a part of our work schedule. If you needed a month, would you be able to work on multiple projects at once? Saying "no" does not necessarily disqualify you. We would just need to work out these sort of details.
One more question: so lets say I could. I'm guessing for the sheet, you would need at least standing, walking, running, and specific actions, each animatale. Right?

And completely custom too, not mostly custom with the walking animation from another game?
I have no problem if you use another spreadsheet and edit it. I used a sprite sheet from the Justice League fighting game for Snes and turned aqua man into green lantern. the problem I have with this is if person over uses the same sprite sheet and makes every character from the same sheet. a great example would be the Mega Man sprite sheet which everybody has used to make almost every character imaginable.