The VG Resource

Full Version: 8-bit-ish Phantoon Sprite Sheet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I posted this with Crocomire and Draygon a long time ago, but only Phantoon got a complete sprite sheet.

I wouldn't necessarily call them 8-bit, but meh.

[Image: 2hx3hhj.png]

And here is an animation of it:

[Image: 15cijav.gif]

Any advice/rates/criticism? Could it be on the main site, do you think?
hmm... its head looks too straight: round it a bit more. Also his texture isn't good: use the transparent black for more details. Also his tentacles look off.
I tweaked his head, and made it rounder, like you said.

I don't know what you mean by fixing the texture...

And I could get around to fixing his tentacles.
What I meant is that his head lacks detail. The pixel patterns you put on its head doesn't help it look better. And since it's kinda NES-Metroid styled, you could use the black as your transparency color, giving it more detail. Also I suggest you picking a more greenish color.
im new at this but i think not only the eye should move but try to give a little movement to the legs if you can.

thats a good sprite tho!
I updated the sprite sheet.

Realized the sprites would be invalid on an NES, so I separated the body from the eyes. Made the background black, and added a few tentacle movement frames.

Is it any better? (I still have to fix the texture, I think)
its getting better, keep it up =)
The main issue I see is that you seem to have a bad palette to begin with.

I can see that you tried to shade, but you shaded areas that didn't really needed to be shaded much or at all. Also, the head crest on yours looks more like an indention or something.

(I'm actually tempted now to have my own hand at this.)