The VG Resource

Full Version: Character c+c
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to start learning how to make games, So I wanted to make a simple sprite for a character.

So here it is!
[Image: EOxpXEW.png]
He looks kind of stiff right now, and there is much more wrong bla bla
I would apreciate ideas, as well as edits and schtuff.

Sorry if my grammer and english is bad Tongue
Not to sound rude, because I really don't mean for it to be but just so I get this right - what is it supposed to be?
It looks like an old television with a green face and green legs... Is that right?
It does look lake a television with a green face xp. It's actually suposed to be a little monster inside a box/crate Smile
I tried to make him look more like a crate [Image: KZamQDF.png]
not sure about which one of the palettes works best.
the one on the right definitely, as it has slightly more contrast.
the rest of it looks pretty nice imo aside from the tentacle/arm having too much of a flat edge on the outer side.
i think it could be more interesting design-wise if you tried something like this
[Image: 3afds.png]
the design is really minimalist, which isnt bad per se but people won't find it really attractive.

one way to make it more attractive without altering its design, though, would be to place it in a game with similar crate items, and put this monster in said room. Thus, when someone walks by, it would pop out and start walking. The design is also related to the way his appearance is used!

(if you aren't planning to make a game or anything, just animate it popping out and walking)
I actually thougt earlier today that I would have to make a better design for it.
I just whipped it out in like 10 minutes, so it was more of a sketch or something.
So I'll be drawing the whole day tommorow Big Grin
[Image: f82cyxf.png]
This is just a little update thing. He is supposed to a crab hand kinda thing. I'm not sure what I can do for is legs :/ I'm making his design on paper so it's a little faster Cute