The VG Resource

Full Version: Chansicklys first attempts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey there, I'm Chansickly and welcome to my thread ^ -^

this is one of my first attempts at sprite editing or anything involving digital work really ^^; any critic or tips on what i could to improve this would be helpful ^ -^

[Image: 999999_by_blackcoffin7734-d6764xn.png]
This looks bad, simply put (which is ok because being bad at something is the first step for everything)

Pixelart is not scribbling with the pencil in MS Paint. The pixels must be placed carefully, instead of drawn like that, with a lot of jaggies. A quick color count also says you've used over 400 colors for this single piece, which is ridiculous. Did you use a program that auto-antialiazes the lines? I also think you got a Harvest Moon sprite and scribbled all over it. Am I correct?

All in all, this is too full of errors for me to point all of them, I suggest you to read the Spriting Dictionary thoroughly in order to know what it is about. Like any kind of art, it's difficult, so don't expect to become good at ir instantly. Practice, practice and practice!

PS: If you ever want to continue making pixelart, use a non-antialiasing program such as Windows XP Paint, Graphics Gale or any other program with the automatic smoothing off. Use a handful of colors too instead of going overboard with them, and practice irl drawing. Many techniques are carried over to pixelart, and I personally think it's easier if you already know the drawing basics.