The VG Resource

Full Version: Looking for a Pixel/Sprite Artist [Paid Job]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Please note: Before anyone asks, I have indeed received permission from Dazz to post this request, since I've only been part of the forum for less than 20 days.

I am looking to hire a pixel/sprite artist skilled in the art of Mario for an upcoming game. We are making a small HTML5 Mario game, but for legal reasons we don't want to use game ripped sprites.

So we are looking for someone who can create some custom sprites from scratch. The sprites need to look & feel like Mario, and be the same kind of style, but must be created from scratch.

The exact sprites we'll need are:
* Mario (standing, walking, jumping)
* Enemies (a walking enemy, jumping enemy, bouncing enemy)
* Boss (Bowser)
* Environment tiles (castle)
* Titles (if you can design game title screens as well, then great!)

I'll obviously send more detailed instructions for the chosen artist.

If you've got any questions or are interested please hit reply!

Just include a link to one of your sprites, and your availability (we kinda need someone who can start right away)

Thanks =)
(05-28-2013, 03:26 AM)ideacreate Wrote: [ -> ]Please note: Before anyone asks, I have indeed received permission from Dazz to post this request, since I've only been part of the forum for less than 20 days.
I don't understand the logic in this, nor why Dazz would make you an exception to the rule, but if you say so.
I've granted permission because this isn't a "request" as much as it's a job listing. When people seek prior consent from myself, I tend to grant it. If it's simply a request, I tend to deny it, but paid job listings bring something to the community.
(05-28-2013, 03:38 AM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-28-2013, 03:26 AM)ideacreate Wrote: [ -> ]Please note: Before anyone asks, I have indeed received permission from Dazz to post this request, since I've only been part of the forum for less than 20 days.
I don't understand the logic in this, nor why Dazz would make you an exception to the rule, but if you say so.

Hey Chris, if my post is upsetting you and the community I will remove it. I don't want to get Dazz in any trouble or annoy you guys. I feel like an intruder now.
It's not that; you didn't specify that this was a paid position so that probably threw Chris off. No worries, dude.
Wait, this is actually a paid listing? As in, you're offering monetary compensation for a spriter?
(05-28-2013, 03:47 AM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, this is actually a paid listing? As in, you're offering monetary compensation for a spriter?

Yes of course, this is a paid job! Sorry it wasn't clear I will update the post title.
I'm interested.
Here is my Pixeljoint account.
Here is my imgur account.
Recent sample:
[Image: htYi0cv.png]
Any specific style you're looking for? 8-Bit? 16-bit? Some are better at doing specific limitations than others.
oh hey you must be that guy who e-mailed me last week about this.
I'm interested in this as well! I can basically replicate any style necessary. Here are some links to some of my works.

[Image: 51284259.png]
^^^Made in 2010^^^

My DeviantArt Page
My SheezyArt Page
I'd be up for this.

here's my dA gallery, and here's a few recent Mario- related things I've made

[Image: 2untrmp.png]
[Image: GXDkU1X.png]
I have some experience spriting Mario and friends.
[Image: 2ly4bb6.jpg]

Over the last 6 years I've been working on a game called "Mushroom Patrol: Midas Machine". I've basically made 95% of the custom graphics in the game so I have some decent experience with what you are asking for.

As far as availability, I've recently been laid off from one of my jobs so I have some free time while I look for a new job. I work at my other job all day on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, so unless I have something going on, I'm generally going to be free Sunday-Wednesday.

A few more examples showing some tiles and animations and what not.
http://i42.tinypic.com/e12cs7.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/33xddv4.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/hstme1.jpg
(05-28-2013, 07:08 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: [ -> ]Over the last 6 years I've been working on a game called "Mushroom Patrol: Midas Machine".

I feel old all of a sudden...
(05-28-2013, 07:17 PM)Sengir Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-28-2013, 07:08 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: [ -> ]Over the last 6 years I've been working on a game called "Mushroom Patrol: Midas Machine".

I feel old all of a sudden...

Tell me about it, but I don't regret it as I've enjoyed every minute of it.
Pages: 1 2