The VG Resource

Full Version: Curly <3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Is my favorite character in Cave Story. I decided to sprite some pixelart for a change, and this deserved a new topic so, here is Curly, I still have to sprite the hands, gun, and pants. I wanted to give her a human look, I personally like how she came out, any C+C so far,
[Image: curlyfinishedrg7.png]
Oh come on TSR, im sure this sprite needs some fixing, anyway I finished, any C+C,
[Image: my.php?image=curlyfinishedwz7.png]
Nothing shows up on your second post.
Quote:Oh come on TSR, im sure this sprite needs some fixing, anyway I finished, any C+C,
[Image: curlyfinishedwz7.png]

Her proportions are off, try using this image to help you.

Warning, Nudity.
I see it now.

Ya just listen to what Pik said. Also......
Still not quite there. Her one leg should be slanted like the ref Cshad posted.
(09-21-2008, 09:45 AM)A.J. Nitro Wrote: [ -> ]Still not quite there. Her one leg should be slanted like the ref Cshad posted.
Any better,
[Image: curlyfinishedtl8.png]
It's getting there. Maybe you could make here legs a little bit longer?
Everything seems fine until you hit her belly button, things below that seem a bit odd. Her legs seem very thin and her feet look way too small compared to everything else. Try looking at some drawing humans in proportion advice around the internet - it works just as well for sprites. I think you'll get it spot on eventually as your quite skilled.
The sprite has some terrible AA on it. I suggest not using it on the outline, or using it correctly. She lacks ankles, is positioned oddly, and has a terribly huge torso. There are two lightsources, one for the pants and hair, the other for the skin and shirt. Her right leg is shorter than her left while her left foot is shorter than her right.
as everyone said, her legs need work. Also her facial features look weird, as well as her antenna-thing. Her shirt looks too straight, also looks like she has no breasts.

Her pose looks too stiff, but It's better for you to get her proportions ok for now.
[Image: curlykv0.png]

i dont feel like explaining
Edit? That's pretty much a custom 8|

Edit (putting more info): well, now you should have this in mind when making another similar piece.
Ok thanks everybody for the C+C! Also Gorsal and Nitty, I love you guys! This has been some of the greatest Criticism I have EVER had in a long time. Nitty thanks for the ref, Now I have added boots, fixed the cloths, body, hair, and some of the proportions, so here is the next update, now it's starting to look like Curly, C+C,
[Image: newcurlybl1.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4