The VG Resource

Full Version: AkumaTh's Sprite Work: A Fly on the Wall
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
While there is a project I want to make, I am going to wait till I can post it in the Request Thread to do so since even though I did make a few animations, I don't think it warrants my posting since the original fix ups were by Ginger Person.

So I decided to post something else. While I do know edits/splices are frowned upon, I do want to submit this. Especially after the English Trailer was released.

Made this last year, but I would like to see it used elsewhere.
akumaTH, thats one of the names I have heard before. Never seen your work though but it seems to be very well made. But I don't really like the hair too much, feels off to me. But you said you didn't make it, so that might be it.
(05-13-2013, 07:24 PM)AshuraAlchemist Wrote: [ -> ]akumaTH, thats one of the names I have heard before. Never seen your work though but it seems to be very well made. But I don't really like the hair too much, feels off to me. But you said you didn't make it, so that might be it.

I've been around the spriting community since it was young, so that is probably why you heard of me.

I tried to do the hair myself but it never seems to come out right when I do try. It seems less like Phoenix's hair and more like Guile's when I tried. So I just got permission from him and used that.
The face looks a bit odd. Like it's too big for the head.
Any suggestions on fixing it? And is it all the heads or a specific angle?
A bump to show a custom work. For the longest time, I've been associated with a Red Hedgehog. But with wanting to make Video Reviews, I felt I needed to make something I can 100% completely own. So I made the Pixilated Penguin.

There are some readability issues with the face. The eyes blend into both the white and the black.
I'll worry about that later, but I have made an attempt to fix up the face. I studied the faces of the other characters more and tried to emulate them.

I hope this looks better.
I feel like his hair spikes point upwards too much, especially in complete side-view.
(05-17-2013, 05:35 AM)Trollerspooks Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like his hair spikes point upwards too much, especially in complete side-view.

Here is my attempt to fix that.

[Image: GZC7vfr.png]

Does this look good? Also is it just these or the others too? And how is the face?
Looks better!
I think it looks better. Big Grin
I think you can also delete the mirrored duplicates from the sheet.
(05-18-2013, 05:16 AM)Davy Jones Wrote: [ -> ]I think you can also delete the mirrored duplicates from the sheet.

I can't. While it isn't noticeable, the sprites aren't mirrored. That little yellow clip is flipped accordingly. Speaking of which, here is Version 4

Well, might as well show these off. First, the history which you can skip.

These are the current sprites. And below are the animation I've made for it (thanks to Ginger's original pose).

[Image: Toph-Stance.gif] [Image: Toph-Taunt.gif] [Image: Toph-Taunt2.gif]

The last one was just a random idea for a taunt or an idle so I doubt it'll be used beyond this. And I wish I could make more but time is not a friend of mine. Too boot, not enough was done so it can not be considered a project.

But so far, how does it look?
Pages: 1 2 3