The VG Resource

Full Version: Graveyard Enviroment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been asked by a friend on another site if I could work on some sprites for a small project he's working on. It's been quite awhile since I sprited, so I took the opportunity to get back into the field.

[Image: zs2HmmI.png]

[Image: JNZVm3H.png]
I was hoping if I could get some crits so this could be really grand.
May just be me but I feel as if the rocks are just slapped on and don't actually look as if they are underground, also the clouds/trees just don't seem to match up together.
This looks realy realy cool.. But if I had to be honest I think the lamp and the fences still looks a lot.. paint like.. maybe making them thicker.
And maybe you could put some gras on the ground.. like.. death gras..
or else make the ground a little look like gravel or dirt or something.. because A graveyard like that would never have such an flat ground Tongue
But very awesome!
Those fences are awful thin and the angel statue has anatomy trouble it seems. <=/
Besides the criticism mentioned, some shading doesn't match the others (statue to those pillars). Other then that, it looks really good.
To go further into what I mean about the trees/clouds, the look drawn in while everything else is pixels so it kinda clashes in a way I myself don't find appealing. I am now sure about everyone else though.
graveyard tilesets? I suggest looking at castlevania tilesets, especially rondo of blood onwards. They have really pretty tiles.

study marble texturing too, as well as avoiding too much banding on the props.