The VG Resource

Full Version: Is This Really Necessary?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Who needs three screens to sit down a game? I mean come on now, let's get for real. Take notice on how much space that takes up on a desk. In addition, it's not like you're actually observing at all three screens at once. You'd only be able to focus on one at a time with your retina. This is probably a love/hate ordeal where there's a split balance...I seriously just cannot grasp why this would be necessary in the world of gaming.
The same reason people go to IMAX theatres: people want the immersion. You may not be able to focus on more than one screen but it does have an effect when the game is all you see.
because some people (get ready for crazy) like to have fun.

DID I JUST BLOW YOUR WHOLE MIND?
And to be honest, the racing game would be kind of awesome on it! Sick
(05-07-2013, 04:39 PM)Sengineer Wrote: [ -> ]The same reason people go to IMAX theatres: people want the immersion. You may not be able to focus on more than one screen but it does have an effect when the game is all you see.
I suppose. But spending large amounts of money to accomplish something so trivial like that just seems silly to me.
(05-07-2013, 05:17 PM)Viiper Wrote: [ -> ]because some people (get ready for crazy) like to have fun.

DID I JUST BLOW YOUR WHOLE MIND?
Lol, I see what you did there. Addressed with the same statement before this quote.
That guy had next gen in mind when he had that beast built. And the next gen after that.
Three screen games are not a new thing, see the ancient shooting game Darius.

Basically it looks and feels amazing to have three screens for gaming, and if you can, why not?

I understand your point but i think there are no conditions for fun. It is fun, it is ok.
Also, if you have three screens, why not? I have 2 screens, I want three. Because when I'm not gaming, it's insanely helpful to have full screen applications running side by side; for example, while working tSR, I have photoshop open half on one screen, the uploading form next to that taking up the other half, and the other monitor has all the content that I need to upload, so I can monitor how much is left. It can also then drag and drop across monitors.
If I could have a game like, say Modern Warfare (which I don't play) on one of my monitors, and statistics on the other, that'd be ace. Or a map, or something. But nobody supports dual-monitor gaming, because three is far more logical.
peripheral vision says hi
It is as Necessary as you think it is. Goes for everyone.

If you want 3 screens, go ahead, if you want 2390685 screens, go ahead, if you want 1 screen, go ahead.

Sometimes having more then one screen is useful, sometimes it isn't, but it all depends on personal tastes.
I can't even understand how its supposed to improve immersion when you have 2 FUCKING BLACK BARS RIGHT INFRONT OF YOUR ENTIRE PICTURE?
I just don't understand these people. They have too much money to spend.
(05-18-2013, 10:02 PM)thegameexplorer Wrote: [ -> ]I can't even understand how its supposed to improve immersion when you have 2 FUCKING BLACK BARS RIGHT INFRONT OF YOUR ENTIRE PICTURE?
I just don't understand these people. They have too much money to spend.

I know, right? I hate driving my car and seeing the edges of my windshield get overtaken by the chassis and dashboard. It's such bullshit, these bars of metal and plastic in front of my entire viewpoint. Ruins the whole driving experience for me.

Don't even get me started on seeing the rims of my glasses just in my peripheral vision. Ugh. So horrible.
(05-19-2013, 12:49 AM)Zero Kirby Wrote: [ -> ]Don't even get me started on seeing the rims of my glasses just in my peripheral vision. Ugh. So horrible.

It really is. I bought gigantic fucking glasses just to avoid this issue.