The VG Resource

Full Version: A chunky blacksmith, Brimley Moustache
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Might I get some C&C on this fellow? I can't decide if his beaten, bandaged, and recovered sprites look right.

[Image: BorasBase_zps5263498f.png]
They look alright, but his arms are in a weird position. Looks like his right arm is sticking out more than his left, which makes the stance unbalanced. the crotch/legs don't match with his upper body too.

some banding is present, and the gray pixel on his sideburn is weird and distracting as stray pixel. Be careful not leaving single pixel in middle of clusters, those attract attention way too much and makes your work noisy.

I saw the eye bandage as a monocle, maybe you need a more 'bandage-y' design. You know, square gauzes, covering his face more. Some bandages on his belly wound would be nice too, and would help with readability of the rest of the bandages.
(05-06-2013, 08:35 AM)Gorsalami Wrote: [ -> ]They look alright, but his arms are in a weird position. Looks like his right arm is sticking out more than his left, which makes the stance unbalanced. the crotch/legs don't match with his upper body too.

I saw the eye bandage as a monocle, maybe you need a more 'bandage-y' design. You know, square gauzes, covering his face more. Some bandages on his belly wound would be nice too, and would help with readability of the rest of the bandages.

I must have missed that pixel. I'll fix that. Though, I'm not sure how to make the bandages look more like bandages at that small...
As for the stance, should I move his arms farther out, bend them backwards at the shoulder? I was going for hands resting on belt/apron.
I think part of what's throwing the bandage off is the fact that it's going in two different directions sort of? Like the top right portion is at that steep angle and then the left portion is completely horizontal. The bandage looks disconnected, as if it's two pieces, whereas every picture I've seen has the bandage as a single connected piece. The line through the middle of the pad part also just makes it kind of look like glass reflecting or something, and like gorsal said, it looks round rather than square.

http://www.wms.co.uk/sharedimages/Large/D320.jpg
(05-06-2013, 02:48 PM)StarSock64 Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.wms.co.uk/sharedimages/Large/D320.jpg

OH! Ok, I get what you're saying.

Does this look better? I can't find anything wrong with it, aside from forgoing the scar on his shoulder.

Fixes [Image: BorasBase1_zps90797424.png]
Before [Image: BorasBase_zps5263498f.png]
[Image: CbRnMockupish_zps10878e9a.png?t=1367911045]

Does the building in this image seem to fit with the characters?
It does, but the use of black on the bricks isn't helping the scene. Maybe find a dark purple?
Too much banding on the windows and roof, im sure you can do better.
[Image: 2SHjB.png]

i made an edit of that girl, changed the palettes and fixed/altered a few things here and there
you should probably keep in ming that a sprite can't hold loads of detail, it's meant to remain basic