The VG Resource

Full Version: i'm shawn i make sprites and have no life
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
so here's some stuff i've made from the past month. all 100% custom, no edits.

[Image: ec6xFU8.gif][Image: temmierun.gif][Image: hugurun.gif][Image: josuketransparent.png][Image: DSHbfZe.png]

and a few slightly older things for your viewing pleasure
[Image: Hnv1jtr.gif][Image: NCnx6YG.gif][Image: tumblr_mjkufhwCDx1ryfvhxo1_400.png]

i hope this doesn't come off as a show-off post, i really would appreciate any advice and criticism Unsure
Wish I had something better to post than "wow, these are great,"
but they are, so

I'm really digging the monochrome tiles, and the jumping girl

About the jumping girl, maybe repeating her landing frames before the jump would make it a little
more fluid, and not like she is just spontaniously teleporting off of the ground into a mid-jump
(unless that's what you were going for, anime and all that)

[Image: 2more%20frames.gif]
I would love to see Nintendo make a 2D Windwaker-universe Zelda game with the style those colorful little dudes in the bottom middle are in.
I can't even play the oracle games anymore without thinking of shawn's beautiful tiles
You've been an inspiration for me since forever, I like your stuff Smile

they give me that nostalgia of when you and 1up were doing sprites for that game..
Oh god that Josuke. I'm loving all these. I wish I had some critiscism to post, but I'm digging this style so far
(05-05-2013, 08:58 PM)Sevenstitch Wrote: [ -> ]Wish I had something better to post than "wow, these are great,"
but they are, so

I'm really digging the monochrome tiles, and the jumping girl

About the jumping girl, maybe repeating her landing frames before the jump would make it a little
more fluid, and not like she is just spontaniously teleporting off of the ground into a mid-jump
(unless that's what you were going for, anime and all that)

[Image: 2more%20frames.gif]
I was going for a bit of a spontaneous/ jumpy animation but I can definitely see how this makes it better. Thanks for the advice. Smile

and thanks to everyone else too!!

(05-06-2013, 11:54 AM)Mutsukki Wrote: [ -> ]Oh god that Josuke. I'm loving all these. I wish I had some critiscism to post, but I'm digging this style so far
[Image: cbZQ25V.png]

Here's some wips for the others I was planning to do then. Tongue

Maybe these will get more criticism seeing as they're unfinished
My only criticism is that in some places the lines are a bit jagged. Jumping girl's hair, for instance. But hey, it's all great. A++
the only things I could notice is that the brown bear seems to have a few jags, like the arm, or the ears being blocky but that could be the intended style.
and the guy in purple (Josuke?) looks like he is balancing his farthest leg on his heel, since there's no ground to show that he's standing on some kind of uneven surface.
i am not familiar with jojo but I noticed that pink dude is smaller and thinner than the rest. purple guy's legs seem uneven due to perspective; the foot on the sketch looked better imo

as for the blueson, no criticisms so far
I love getting to see stuff like this! Hi Shawn
hi starsock! (angie, was it?)

gorsal: the pink dude technically is smaller but i guess i could make the sprite larger to match up with the other 2.

[Image: EZqYibG.png]

also i made this self portrait and some colour variants. about 2 hours and 6 colours each.
shawn is secretly all four of the beatles
[Image: nOGa3xQ.gif]
[Image: TgZbzqD.gif] [Image: W2qmrBE.gif]
[Image: nmLYq9O.gif] [Image: JDDe0te.gif] [Image: mvkAP1J.png] [Image: linkedit.gif] [Image: 4TyB5WP.gif] [Image: 67p4tKk.gif]
[Image: tumblr_mwg0bfKiyy1ryfvhxo4_400.png] [Image: tumblr_mwg0bfKiyy1ryfvhxo1_400.png]
[Image: 7TLuv.png]
[Image: tumblr_myia5eq21d1ryfvhxo1_400.gif] [Image: 7TLNk.png]

been a while, hi
Holy crap, I like these

Hi Shawn
Pages: 1 2 3