The VG Resource

Full Version: ebil's sprite thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm currently trying to improve a bit as a spriter, so I'm trying to practice with a few different styles of sprites Smile

so far, I started to work on a toadsworth in sma4/smb3gba style, but I seem to be having a bit of difficulty with his cane at the moment.

[Image: toadsworthex-1.png]
the problem is that he is holding his cane too close to his body so it doesn't really look like it's supporting him
I tried lowering the cane a bit. I'll try to get this animated soon and what I have still needs some work, but I may not be able to get much time to do it until friday...
[Image: toadsworth2.png]
for the side sprites I say the arm should be out more
I've been rather busy lately, but now I'm finally back!

just adding another WiP to my list of sprites to make and I'll try to update toadsworth as soon as I can Smile

[Image: marioex3.png]
(I'm not quite done the body yet, but I'll have to finish toadsworth before I work on it again Big Grin)
(05-20-2013, 06:12 PM)EpicEbilninja Wrote: [ -> ][Image: marioex3.png]

Not bad line art! I'd like to see some less straight legs and maybe the stomach line can use some more selout.

What this sprite needs is less pillow shading and banding. It looks like your light is coming from the top, so the further down the sprite, the darker it should get.

You can find out what the text in bold means here. Just work on those shading problems and it should look awesome!
yes, I've had problems with banding and pillowing before(I'm sure some people remember my older wario and waluigi sprites DX )... What I was attempting to do was make a larger mario in a m&l rpg-ish style, but it seems I have quite a bit to learn about shading, lightsources and even the design for Mario.
Hey Ebilninja Powerage Studio here your old friend - I like your progress you are making so far! I'm glad your moving along great with your game Big Grin