The VG Resource

Full Version: Doe my sprite look good?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm new here and just got into spriting. Anyway I am currently in the process of working on a game. Nothing special, just a simple platformer. And I was just wondering if my sprite looks good [Image: XUFnI5T.png]

Ps: after looking at it for a while I was wondering if he looked too much like Olimar from Pikmin
It's very simple. There's not much to say if it's good or not really. Obviously being new to spriting, you would want to go with simple. Is this the only sprite you have for your game? If not, is there enough contrast between this character and everything else in the game?

It'd also be cool to see what the actual pose is. Since you say it's a platformer, I'm assuming he wouldn't be staring at the screen, so maybe create an idle pose?
(04-23-2013, 08:58 AM)Rakia Wrote: [ -> ]It's very simple. There's not much to say if it's good or not really. Obviously being new to spriting, you would want to go with simple. Is this the only sprite you have for your game? If not, is there enough contrast between this character and everything else in the game?

It'd also be cool to see what the actual pose is. Since you say it's a platformer, I'm assuming he wouldn't be staring at the screen, so maybe create an idle pose?
Thanks for the feedback. The reason he is looking forward is just a temp thing for the game, also I haven't really worked on the everything else. Pretty much the enemy's are circles and platforms are brown boxes.
The sprite looks nice, though I think we'd get a better idea if you were able to show us what the sprite looks like in the game or at least give us more information on it. That can help us visualize the end goal and help you build a solid aesthetic for the game. At the moment I see a nice, simple sprite, and I kind of have an idea in my head on how it would work, I just want to make sure what I'm thinking is aligned with what you have in mind Smile
It is looking very basic, but very easy to remember. wich is good for a character.

I dont know if the platfor is a puzzle game or an arcade.
But if it is a Adventure game (like mario or metroid) I suggest creative powerups. so even the character looks basic, It looks pretty awesome.

If you contineu with the game I cannot wait to see furter progress :p