The VG Resource

Full Version: My SSS Sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi, i'm new here and i'm in the process of making an SSB spinoff, Super Smash Sagas. I just thought of posting my custom sprites of Samus. I'll post more of them as I progress through my game. Can you tell me what you think of them? Their basicly just edits and animations of the super metroid sprites.[Image: SYX91o9.png]
there are no sprites posted here though! Tongue
anything custom you post though you'll need to get feedback on, so I'm moving this over to our spriting boards.
(04-22-2013, 03:52 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]there are no sprites posted here though! Tongue
anything custom you post though you'll need to get feedback on, so I'm moving this over to our spriting boards.
Sorry! I put the sprites up now, and thank you for moving it! Smile

[Image: XCXjUfV.png]
Heres the switch for samus to ZSS.
You're calling edits "customs". Look these are basically sprites from Super Metroid as you've admitted to, but you're missing half the run and the punching looks way too stiff and awkward.
I wont call them customs anymore, and on my game i have all the run, so it was just the way it was put on. plus, you just really need to see the punch and special. those were the only custom. (not as much the special) and thanks for the tip. I'll work on the punch. But was it the legs? and if your a good "spriter" then could you mabye edit my punch and post it here?

I also forgot to tell you guys, the only reason im using Super Metroid Sprites is cuz the only other sprites i found had samus running with her torso way in front of her legs. there from SSB Crusade. If sombody can give me a link to better ssb samus sprites, i would appreciate that

(04-22-2013, 06:07 PM)SmithyGCN Wrote: [ -> ]You're calling edits "customs". Look these are basically sprites from Super Metroid as you've admitted to, but you're missing half the run and the punching looks way too stiff and awkward.

thanks, read my other reply, but one question, what did you think of the switch between samus and ZSS?
(04-22-2013, 06:07 PM)SmithyGCN Wrote: [ -> ]You're calling edits "customs". Look these are basically sprites from Super Metroid as you've admitted to, but you're missing half the run and the punching looks way too stiff and awkward.

I tried to base the punch off of this
[Image: 0Clqo4t.png]
That punch makes no sense. no body movement at all. Here is samus doing her forward smash, she actually uses the cannon rather than her hand.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMHMIlRKDlJ9Srrsw6fBS...35qUcAPieQ]
Try looking at the actual animations and such from the various smashbros games. It will give you more accurate sprites.
(04-23-2013, 06:30 PM)Virtuaboy123 Wrote: [ -> ]That punch makes no sense. no body movement at all. Here is samus doing her forward smash, she actually uses the cannon rather than her hand.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMHMIlRKDlJ9Srrsw6fBS...35qUcAPieQ]
Try looking at the actual animations and such from the various smashbros games. It will give you more accurate sprites.

Thanks. maybe i'll try basing the sprite off that
I would suggest using BrawlBox for references rather than Crusade's crappy sprites, lol.
Also, one thing, other than crap, NO BAD WORDS!!!!!!!!!! Even if u do this. F&%$

I Just give you a little info on the game

Heros
-Samus/ZSS
-Lucario
-Pikachu*
-Falco*(Star Fox)
-Meta Knight*(Kirby)

Villains
-Ganondorf
-Bowser
-King Dedede

Note: this is not final

*Unlockable
Seems like a random assortment of characters(ganondorf and no link)(bowser and no mario)(falco and no fox). Have you started on any other characters?
If not essentially you could just give the entire smashbros roster, from Charizard to Zelda.

Also what are the reasons for Pikachu being an unlockable character?
What im actualy doing is basing this off something me and my friend do on SSBB. its a little storyline. Im using the exact same characters. Its an RPG wich is why i said spinoff. the reason for pikachu being unlockable is im starting out with samus and lucario. the rest join the team later
This is really peculiar. In a bad way.

I don't know what's your project. A comic, game, or whatever you can think of. Removing frames and editng them with stretches and rotations are really poor and does not show any effort even as an edit.

I would say to make custom work or at least a better edit, but I don't think you really want to.
(04-24-2013, 07:48 AM)Gorsalami Wrote: [ -> ]This is really peculiar. In a bad way.

I don't know what's your project. A comic, game, or whatever you can think of. Removing frames and editing them with stretches and rotations are really poor and does not show any effort even as an edit.

I would say to make custom work or at least a better edit, but I don't think you really want to.

I didn't stretch anything and i rotated the arms. I cant make customs, but i'm working on a better edit

Also, why don't you make a samus punch sprite and show me yours

PS THIS IS A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(04-24-2013, 03:56 PM)kuzon10 Wrote: [ -> ]Also, why don't you make a samus punch sprite and show me yours

bear with me as I'm gonna be a bit blunt in this post here but it's for the best. this isn't how you respond to criticism
first of all the rundown of our spriting boards, we aren't trying to be mean or belittling when we critique. criticism is about being honest and to the point. we try to avoid acting like jerks but we're going to give it to you straight cause that's what practicing spriters need to improve and learn to survive out there in the world of art and etc. etc.
also by saying you "can't" do custom sprites that lowers your chances of making one even more. what you need to do is try something simple to get a feel with drawing sprites from scratch
a tip is to make a relatively small doodle, clean it up, add colors/shading and details and then post it here and we'll gladly help you with it, but only if you'll listen to what we have to say.
now don't get me wrong, edits are fine, but with these you seem to be changing so little of the sprites that it isn't really a learning experience and you aren't gaining anything from it so I think you need to just broaden your horizens a little more
or at least post what you've done based on our suggestions and try to make the edit at least worth yours, and everyone else's time.
Pages: 1 2 3