The VG Resource

Full Version: N64 Extraction Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so I have Nemu64 and I downloaded the Killer Instinct Gold ROM. Now here's where it gets strange for me I've never ripped from a N64 game before so this is all new to me. But when I go to export the VRML data I get the .wrl file, but when I go to open the .wrl with my 3D editing program only the map is there, the fighters are missing.
Here's something else that's strange, when the game is running in the emulator the fighters are black with grey under them, when one attacks the other a colored square shows. But the rest of the map is fully colored.
Can someone help me here?
I'm only looking to get Fulgore out of the game, so if there is someone experienced enough here is a link to the ROM. I'm new to this and not sure what I'm doing wrong.
http://www.mediafire.com/?3u0u43ak80dxw5k
Here's what it looks like when I try to extract the stage and characters. I don't think they are sprites, because it does'nt make much sense to have a 3D map, but 2D fighters.
[Image: kEgi6lq.jpg]
Just like ClayFighter 63 1/3 and other fighting games at the time, the characters are all pre-rendered, which means yes, they are sprites, leaving no character models to rip. Sorry.
(04-20-2013, 04:14 PM)PepMaster Wrote: [ -> ]it doesn't make much sense to have a 3D map, but 2D fighters.

[Image: fubar-skype-smiley.gif?1301953194]
what does that mean lol?
I was wondering the same thing Jetters. Well I guess if anyone can find a 3D model of the original Fulgore it would be greatly appreciated since this plan has fallen through the cracks. At least maps can be extracted.