The VG Resource

Full Version: Architecture background - round 2 - fight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
final versions:
[Image: 68yTOML.png]
blue or red
[Image: x9Ljdsh.png]

edit: newest version
[Image: F6qZhnK.png]

[Image: iHPyOMB.png]
wip
[Image: asWcK5L.png]
Very nice looking. I like the detail in the arches a lot, especially the occasional crack, and the 'worn' look you've given them. While they are difficult to see just at a glance, the bricks/wall in the far background give it a nice depth. What are your plans for the rest of the details?
Jason you honestly need to pixel more, because the depth and detail in this is fantastic so far.
thanks guys!! i did more

[Image: Ic7uQ9Q.png]

Quote:What are your plans for the rest of the details?
i have them
plans, i mean
this is beautiful! the texture of the stone is so true!

i'm not so sure about the floor bricks though, i don't think it matches with the style of arches and pillars. The blocks are a bit super mario bros-esque. I think the perspective of the pillars in the background makes the flat side on view of the base look a bit odd too.
the strokes in the background past the pillars are a bit distracting. I'm guessing their not in a completed state though
yo did i mention i wanna have your babies

yeah im a mantaray big fuckin deal
thanks for your c+c Smile
you're right the bricks were really bad i hated them
so i did them over
[Image: aJjsHhC.png]

also thanks to thernz for help in elucidating the direction i needed to take with the bricks w/r/t coloring and and stuff
[Image: 2ubThQt.png]
incremental progress: there are now stairs
i have trouble understanding why on the first few steps of the stairway we can still see the shape of bricks

but after that it's like one big plain slab of concrete

what bothers me is that you ease into it with a """gradient""" but you couldve just had it all made with bricks, or just have a clean cut between the two
because of shapes and materials + textures
[Image: F6qZhnK.png]
Those walls look beautifully done Starry Eyes
I finished it. I should note, this background is also a mine for tiles so it doesn't exactly represent a completed set-piece.
[Image: 68yTOML.png]
+++++++++different versions++++++++++++
[Image: x9Ljdsh.png]
VERY impressive! My only thing is that while the rest of the background does a good job eliminating the grid, the little cracks in the ceiling do not.
Pages: 1 2