The VG Resource

Full Version: Nintendo Direct 4/17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys more news from Nintendo.

-Mario Party 3DS
-Yoshi's Island 3DS
-Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past 2
-EarthBound for the Virtual Console
-And much much more!

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=200484
"These pikmin have wings and can fly, they are called Winged Pikmin" Well no shit.

Anyway I really like the clay style of that yoshi game, I can't wait to see more.
And how true that Zelda game stays to the original pixelart for a Link to the Past. I was a tad afraid at first that it would be getting a Toon Link makeover, don't get me wrong I love the toon styling but I'm really happy that they're doing something new.
(04-17-2013, 11:17 AM)Song Bird Wrote: [ -> ]"These pikmin have wings and can fly, they are called Winged Pikmin" Well no shit.

Anyway I really like the clay style of that yoshi game, I can't wait to see more.
And how true that Zelda game stays to the original pixelart for a Link to the Past. I was a tad afraid at first that it would be getting a Toon Link makeover, don't get me wrong I love the toon styling but I'm really happy that they're doing something new.

I laughed at that bit where Iwata was explaining about the Pikmin. He doesn't sound entirely comfortable speaking English (no offence to the Japanese).

When I first saw the screenshot for this new Zelda, I just thought, "Oh hell, they've done another Phantom Hourglass." But then after watching the video a couple of times in 3D on my 3DS I actually feel really hyped for it.
I'm also really looking forward to the Oracle VC games as I never got a chance to play them.
So many good Nintendo Directs this year so far!
"EarthBound for the Virtual Console"

This has made my life.
In year of Luigi, a Thousand Year Door 3DS port where we can play as Luigi after we beat the main game would be the greatest thing ever.

I also expect no one will like the yoshi and zelda games as much as the originals

I dont likt the new yoshi look, yuck
I agree with Amon about the new Yoshi game having bad visuals, but that's a complaint I have with most of the new games coming out of Nintendo (although Dream Team doesn't look bad.)

I also wouldn't mind a Paper Luigi title showing us what he did in that dessert kingdom, but I doubt it will ever happen.
Yoshi's graphics are emulating this, I think . I am totally ok with that.
I want Yoshi's Story on Virtual Console :C Sorry, I know the Island games are the popular ones, but when talking about Yoshi, that is the Essential Yoshi game for me.
Yoshi's Story is already on the Wii's VC, so that's probably all you'd get for the moment.

also, I was excited when it said "new Yoshi's Island game" and then it's just the original game with redone graphics. but honestly I see nothing wrong with the graphics (anytime they try to be creative with the graphics, people don't like it), it has a kind of painted look to it and I like that.
Eh, unless I could bring it out on my 3ds, I'll just stick with N64.
Just saying, the artstyle of the game would go from magical to Gandalf magical if they implemented the 3d into it. All the layers of the game would pop out so vibrantly and it'd be beyond gorgeous
(04-17-2013, 08:20 PM)Song Bird Wrote: [ -> ]Yoshi's graphics are emulating this, I think

[video]

I am totally ok with that.

Oh yeah, I definitely noticed the similarity between the original intro and the new game.

But the intro sequence, I always assumed, was a left over from when Nintendo wanted the game to resemble Donkey Kong Country. I didn't really like the way it was as an intro, and I really don't like it as a whole game.

Not saying they have to be crayons again (Yarn Yoshi looks cool [except for the platforms]), but I just don't like the style this time.
and oh my God M&L4 looks incredible. when I saw the bean people I was like omg. Peasley MUST appear in this game now. >:I

but do you really have to save Peach again...? >>
I love that they're taking the opposite approach with M&L: Dream Team from what they did with Paper Mario: Sticker Star (we've already seen a few returning characters from BIS and other non-SMW Mario games, there's a bunch of new, interesting looking creatures, etc.). Also, New Super Luigi U actually looks really neat, new Zelda looks great, flying pikmin are cute, everything is wonderful
Great... I'm tempted to buy Donkey Kong Country Returns all over again just for bonus levels!
Pages: 1 2