The VG Resource

Full Version: Chrono Trigger
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Keen observers may notice a few CT rips I've been doing the last few days, The more I do from the game, the more I want to see it finished. The really hard things, like enemies and playable characters have been done, so we're really down to environments and NPCs. I'll take any help I can get.

TO DO

Playable Characters

-Crono- Sword palettes
-(Possibly the same with other characters like Marle and Magus)

NPCs
-Male NPCs from 600 and 1000
-NPCs from 2300 (Impossible to rip via ZSNES. Smog exists on the same level as the NPCs)
-Double check sheets on the site for missing frames

Enemies / Bosses

-Bit (Blackbird)
-Goblin palette swap in Ozzie's Fort (Found sprite. Need to recolor sheet)
-Slash (Beta)

Maps
-All overworld, including 1999
-Guardia Castle (1000) (We could probably recolor the current one. If anyone would like to give it a shot, please let me know and I'll supply a screenshot with the other palette. Will incorporate Dazz's "Court Room" rip.)
-Guardia Forest (600)
-Choras Town (1000)
-West Cape (1000)
-Truce Canyon (600) (1000) (Water effects. Same as in Lavos, actually.)
-Hero's Grave (600, 1000) (Once we finish one, the other is just a recolor job)
-Bekkler's Lab (1000)
-Prison (1000) (Will incorporate Dazz's "Prison Bridge")
-Heckran Cave (1000) (LOADS of water effects. Ugh)
-Zenan Bridge (broken) (600)
-Dorino (600)
-Cathedral (600)
-Denadoro Mountains (600) (Same as Mystic Mountains, would be easy if not for a lot of water effects.)
-Magic Cave (600)
-Magus's Castle (600)
-Porre (600)
-Giant's Claw (600)
-Forest Maze (65 mil) (All kinds of grass effects and shadows. A real nightmare.)
-Mystic Mountains (65 mil) (Water effects make an otherwise easy rip that much harder.)
-Dactyl Nest (65 mil)
-Ioka Village (65 mil) (Tents have a fire place that is very difficult to capture. Help needed!)
-Ioka Meeting Place (65 mil) (Can't get the whole Meeting place due to obstacles) Started Here.
-Reptite Cave (65 mil) (Started)
-Tyrano Lair (65 mil)
-Tyrano Ruins (65 mil)
-Last Village/Commons (12000) (See "Ioka Village" notes)
-Blackbird Vents (12000) (Really big, several layers, and really spread out. I'm just not up to this one)
-Factory (2300)
-Geno Dome (2300)
-Sewer Access (2300)
-Death Peak (2300)
-Black Omen (Some areas have large sections of the walls and floor that glow. This makes capturing VERY tedious. I have started it though.) Started Here
-End of Time
-Lavos Interior (For some reason, more water effects. Blurgh.)
-Fiona's Forest (Cutscene) (The glowing fire doesn't light up everything at once, so it has to be ripped in segments. Ground, tree tops, and tree trunks. I just don't have the patience for that right now. A shame, cause it's only a two-screen area.) Started Here

Objects- Again, Beam did a good job starting. There are a lot of interactive items that can be places on an objects sheet. Statues, chests, barrels, guillotines, etc. We can probably place them by era as well.

Spells- What we can do. A lot is probably impossible, and honestly, this isn't very high on my list.

Beta Sprites- The Epoch has some beta map sprites for sure, and Queen Zeal has a whole set of beta sprites. There are lots more.

Other- There's gotta be stuff I missed. Basically, please contribute what you can.

Completed (Since I started this topic):

NPCS
-Dactyl
-Dream Team
-Prophet
-Misc. NPCs to be assembled later

ENEMIES
-Mammon Machine
-Frog Enemies (Bullfrog palette)

BACKGROUNDS
-Black Omen (Pinnacle)
-Magus's Chamber
-Land Bridge/Skyway
-Blackbird Dock
-Frog's House
-Cursed Woods
-Blackbird Interior
-Blackbird Exterior
-North Cape
-Truce Residences
-Medina Residences
-Medina Square
-Melchior's Hut
-Laruba Village
-Ozzie's Fort
(Plus anything crossed out above)

MISCELLANEOUS
-Loads of Mode-7 stuff
-Epoch
I approve of this project!
I approve of any project or ripping in general that Tonberry does. Cute
Thanks, guys!

I just spent a good part of the day redoing some icons to make them more uniform and fixing up some sheets by Nemu that had loads of stray pixels on them. I'll get back to it tomorrow.
Ton, ever plan on ripping Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes? I'm not familiar with the game, but the section seems empty.
That's the CT which got a Cease and desist by Square-enix. The stuff on the site was submitted by the developers of Crimson Echoes.
Apparently one version of the game in included a piece of stillframe art not in certain other versions. I'd have to research it more.
By the way:
http://spriters-resource.com/ds/chronotrig/index.html
Chrono Trigger has a DS port, maybe Tinke or one of Barubary's tools works with it.
Crimson Echoes reuses about 90% of Chrono Trigger's sprites. I think we have most of, if not all of the unique stuff.

I spent today snagging some stuff around Zeal kingdom. I got the land bridge, caves, elements, and I started on the Prophet NPC sheet. More to come.
First complete one. Prophet is coming soon, but I'm still missing a couple.

[Image: landbridge.png]
Also, updated the first post.
(04-15-2013, 02:54 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: [ -> ]By the way:
http://spriters-resource.com/ds/chronotrig/index.html
Chrono Trigger has a DS port, maybe Tinke or one of Barubary's tools works with it.

Good news and bad news.

Good news: The files in the ROM are the Nitro sets which Oil of Vitriol can open.

Bad news: The palettes don't share the same naming scheme.

I'm decompressing the files as we speak and will have an archive for other people to help.
That is good news, indeed. I think the game's palette is identical to the SNES version, so it wouldn't take too much to correct it. Awesome news though!
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-PBV_w1...JhTzg/edit

Under CTDS.ZIP, click File and then Download.
(04-15-2013, 06:07 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]That is good news, indeed. I think the game's palette is identical to the SNES version, so it wouldn't take too much to correct it. Awesome news though!
The palettes aren't identical; the colors from the raw palette in the DS version are slightly darker.
Also, the palettes are not one-to-one assigned with the sprites.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8