The VG Resource

Full Version: URGENT! dt_na.dat extraction tool for Mario Super Sluggers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have to ask for the program that will extract data from the dt_na.dat that's from the Super Mario Sluggers game. It contains files in there and no other files that are models and everything else in the wii iso file of the game. Could someone or a hacker create a tool which extracts data from the .dat file or link to a program that does that please so that I can get one of it's models, textures, misc and other data?
I do not know of such a thing, but I do remember trying to extract this archive in the past (for my own model ripping purposes).

I tried the following tools:
NTCompress
Lz77
WAD/U8Tool
Noesis

Good luck on getting this archive opened.
(04-08-2013, 02:42 PM)John2k4 Wrote: [ -> ]I do not know of such a thing, but I do remember trying to extract this archive in the past (for my own model ripping purposes).

I tried the following tools:
NTCompress
Lz77
WAD/U8Tool
Noesis

Good luck on getting this archive opened.

It's a different archive from the game Mario Super Sluggers. You might want to ask the hackers to make a tool that can decompress it and publish it online.
what hackers...? he doesn't know any I don't think.
also I don't guess you already have a XenTaX account? if you do you could ask them about the format on there, but guessing you don't have one and since it costs to have an account now then that's out yea.
either way, I'd like to see models from this game too but cracking a format isn't easy and I don't know of many hackers who could do it on here. we'll see though, I guess but can't get your hopes up.
(04-08-2013, 08:13 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]what hackers...? he doesn't know any I don't think.
also I don't guess you already have a XenTaX account? if you do you could ask them about the format on there, but guessing you don't have one and since it costs to have an account now then that's out yea.
either way, I'd like to see models from this game too but cracking a format isn't easy and I don't know of many hackers who could do it on here. we'll see though, I guess but can't get your hopes up.

True, but a hacker is someone that can be able to get the files extracted out of the big .dat file. Maybe I could ask them how to get them out.
You could do a memory dump, to see if the game models are even in the MDL0 format..
(04-08-2013, 11:58 PM)John2k4 Wrote: [ -> ]You could do a memory dump, to see if the game models are even in the MDL0 format..
They're not. I've already checked.
(04-09-2013, 12:02 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2013, 11:58 PM)John2k4 Wrote: [ -> ]You could do a memory dump, to see if the game models are even in the MDL0 format..
They're not. I've already checked.

Could you link to the tool please? Also, are those files in BMD format?
he didn't say he knew of any tools though lol.
but try the extractors on this page, one of them might work but if not that's all I can say...
If RTB has confirmed that they are not in MDL0 format, then it's going to be really difficult to do anything with the models should you get them extracted..sounds like Nintendo/whatever company who produced the game used a proprietary format, which means that the models cannot be converted (once extracted) with any common Wii tools.

Have you tried 3D Printscreen programs?