The VG Resource

Full Version: Clashing sheet background colours
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hate how, with some 8-bit sprite sheets, the lazy bum who made the sprite sheet decided to make the background the same color as the 8-bit white, and also decided to put the sprites so close together that you can't tell where one sprite ends, and the other begins!Angry I don't really mind the close-together sprites, but no more making the background color for a sprite sheet the same color as one of the sprites' parts! Thanks in advance.
if you could make an extensive list of where this kind of problem occurs i'd be happy to fix em
Sure, it's a bad thing when the background colour occurs in the sprites' palette, too, but that's no reason to be so rude. Calm down. Your demanding tone and calling people "lazy bum" is rather rude.

TSR's quality controls has increased a long time ago and most if not all sheets with such errors are really old ones. You can rest assured that a sheet wouldn't be accepted in such a state these days.

That said, people are free to submit better versions to replace them.

PS: Changed the thread title to fit the thread's content instead of being generic and undescriptive.
besides, at least they contributed the sprites in the first place, you have to remember that people still spent their own time doing it so you wouldn't have to rip them yourself.
it's usually easily fixed, too, so if you provide a list of such sheets you've found, just post them and we'll take care of them. no need to get your socks in a bunch~
You guys are right. I totally overreacted. And, about the contributing thing, I'm currently working on a sprite sheet!
Which sprite sheet!
I didn't have knowledge about it..
I'm like 99% sure this guy is a bot, but I'll wait for further proof.
Either way, necro, locked/warned.