The VG Resource

Full Version: Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, here are sprites from the god-awful NES game, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

[img][Image: JekyllHydeandMillicent.png][/img]

[Image: HydeEnemies.png]

[Image: JekyllEnemies.png]

And here's a screenshot of the game for the section:
[Image: snap0060.png]

AVGN forgive me for playing this abomination...
"What were they thinking?"
What made this so crap was that I essentially had to go through the game twice (once through the US version, once through the JP version). No amount of money will make me play this game again...

Hopefully someone will find a use for these sprites (probably the only not-so-crap thing about the game), if only to make fun of the game
(03-30-2013, 07:52 PM)WingWangWao Wrote: [ -> ]What made this so crap was that I essentially had to go through the game twice (once through the US version, once through the JP version). No amount of money will make me play this game again...

Hopefully someone will find a use for these sprites (probably the only not-so-crap thing about the game), if only to make fun of the game

They really fit with Castlevania's style
(03-30-2013, 07:55 PM)T0misaurus Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-30-2013, 07:52 PM)WingWangWao Wrote: [ -> ]What made this so crap was that I essentially had to go through the game twice (once through the US version, once through the JP version). No amount of money will make me play this game again...

They really fit with Castlevania's style

Yeah, that's true; Hyde's enemies look especially like the style of enemies. Difference is, CastleVania is a good game, heh
All saved. Will do icons shortly. Smile
dangit I should have said something earlier... I was hoping someone else would have...
mmh, the notes on the side REALLY stretch out the sheets. could you at least make the text so it comes down more vertical and less horizontal so it'll fit into the space better? or maybe place them on the bottom underneath the sprites rather?
(03-30-2013, 10:19 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]dangit I should have said something earlier... I was hoping someone else would have...
mmh, the notes on the side REALLY stretch out the sheets. could you at least make the text so it comes down more vertical and less horizontal so it'll fit into the space better? or maybe place them on the bottom underneath the sprites rather?

I've tried, but for some lame-ass reason, the images keep showing as the old versions rather than my edited versions, where I've moved the text to the bottom. No matter what I do, Photobucket keeps uploading the old version

EDIT: Okay, trying with Imageshack now...

[Image: jekyllenemies.png]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[Image: hydeenemies.png]

[Image: jekyllhydeandmillicent.png]

oh, ctrl + F5 for hard refresh.
and yes, these look better.
http://i.minus.com/iby7pNKu7fDI7k.png
http://i.minus.com/ibnHkllvjGyLfx.png
http://i.minus.com/i1WLsTbDRrSN9.png

"Small Fonts" (size 7) without anti-alias. Looks better and is also a little bit smaller.
Thanks for the font edit; I haven't submitted anything in forever, so I'm a bit rusty, heh
All resaved!
Oh my god, I remember how this game was impossible to understand. Good job withn theses rips.
(04-02-2013, 07:16 PM)Candel Wrote: [ -> ]Oh my god, I remember how this game was impossible to understand. Good job withn theses rips.

Thanks. This game is pretty much impossible to do without using PAR codes in an emulator... and the only cheat in the game. Having Tile Layer Pro helps too, heh