The VG Resource

Full Version: My Fakemon sprites.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 33zd3zq.png]

[Image: a2fbpt.png]

[Image: 2h3zpm0.png]

[Image: 45425.png]

[Image: 45324.png]

How do they look? Cute
from what I can see right away, all the sprites have way too little contrast, and it looks like you tried to "blur" the edges of the shading, this isn't a good idea as it looks like you used a paintbrush. spriting is about making graphics crisp and sharp, and not looking Photoshopped. could also use more hue shifting. more info on these terms can be found here.
While the spriting/pixel technique is a little off your designs are pretty great and I like them a lot.
Maybe try representing them in an existing Pokemon game's style?
I agree with everything Jetters said - more contrast, more hueshifting, no auto-AA. I also agree with Ninspriter about liking the designs - I'm assuming the first line are bombadier beetles, the design is top-notch on those. I like the cerberus/orthrus, too.

I think Pokemon designs benefit from a much smaller canvas because of their simplistic traits and bright colors, but it doesn't -have- to be the official games' style, though it's always cool to try and replicate.

Looking forward to more.
most fakemon artists try becoming into Ken Sugimori's clone when spriting, but I applaud you for being original and doing something yours. Sure, Fakemon not in Pokemon style tend to look more like random monsters, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Just avoid spriting by doing doodly lines and actually spend time with smart pixel placement, than you'll have a winner.