The VG Resource

Full Version: Aladdin- Genesis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I started ripping him tonight. These are all his basic movements. I haven't played this game too thoroughly before, so are there any animations I should look out for?

[Image: aladdinrv9.png]
[Image: genieiq4.png]
Oh I think I remember this game.
Don't you start out without a sword though?
Nope. You have it from the start. So far I've done...

-Idle 1- direction change
-Idle 2- apple toss
-Idle 3- elbow apple
-Stand- Apple throw
-Look up
-Duck
-Sword Slash
-Rapid Slash
-Duck stab
-Jump up
-Jump side
-Run
-Skid
-Climb
-Climb Slash
-Climb throw
-Hurt
-Death
I remember this game. Its been forever since I've actually played it, last time I did, it was about 7+ years ago, when my Genesis finally died.

This is going pretty awesome so far.
I added Jump/throw and jump/slash. Also added Abu/Carpet/Genie sheet start.

Animations;

-Idle 1- direction change
-Idle 2- apple toss
-Idle 3- elbow apple
-Stand- Apple throw
-Look up
-Duck
-Sword Slash
-Rapid Slash
-Duck stab
-Jump up
-Jump side
-Jump throw
-Jump slash
-Run
-Skid
-Climb
-Climb Slash
-Climb throw
-Hurt
-Death

Needed;
-Hanging
-Hang/throw
-hang/slash
Personally, I liked the SNES / GBA one(s) better... Just 'cuz.
Did you watch the Let's Play of this game on Youtube too, Ton?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZskyDB8kso
The game itself looks kinda eeeh, but the animation is wonderful.
Oh man, I loved this game so much.

If I remember correctly, there's poses of him swinging around a pool hanging off a building, or maybe he could just jump on them. I dunno.
This game has about a million sprites. I got the pole jumping, jumping from a rope, and continuing from a save point. I still have to get pushing andprobably a few others. The Abu bonus stage is in the works, too. As is the Peddler.

Does he only have the parachute in the SNES?

[Image: aladdinet2.png]
Pretty impressive stuff so far, I know how time consuming Genesis games can be since I did a few. Just wondering what is the star on one of the sprites.

I haven't played much of the game to know what is left though, in fact I've hardly played on it to be honest.
You chose the right game to rip. I loved this on the Genesis.
(09-19-2008, 05:01 PM)Yawackhary Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty impressive stuff so far, I know how time consuming Genesis games can be since I did a few. Just wondering what is the star on one of the sprites.

I haven't played much of the game to know what is left though, in fact I've hardly played on it to be honest.

Not as long as the old days luckily.

As for the sheet, my God, when you said "I'm ripping from Aladdin" I wasn't expecting THIS!
There are a few carpet-riding sections (all of which appear to use the same animations), but I'm not sure if they are conext-specific, or if it's just an existing Aladdin sprite pasted on top of the carpet.
Well I'd have to get the whole sprite since the Genesis emulators can't separate them.
I used to love playing this game

so therefore this rip is awesome~
Pages: 1 2