The VG Resource

Full Version: Homeworld 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's strange how I decide to rip models from games that have an alarmingly large amount of them in odd formats. Oh well, guess I'm crazy in that way. Big Grin

Homeworld 2: The sequel to the original Homeworld RTS game. You play as the Hiigaran fleet in the main storyline, fighting against the Vagyr forces in search of scattered Hyperspace cores. In online multiplayer, you may choose to play as either the Hiigaran or Vagyr fleet.

[Image: HW2-Icon.png]

Tool for viewing/extracting models:
BIG extractor - All game data is stored in one file (Homeworld2.BIG)
ColdFusion HOD Editor [3.15] - Format for the 3D Models. Basically an archive that stores the models, gameplay information for the models, and accompanying textures in DDS form (with mipmaps).

Models:
Hiigaran
More unique space ships? With better graphics? Awesome! Big Grin

I'll have to check these in a bit.

Moving this to the proper forum.
Moar Spaceships!
Nice job on these! It's interesting to see how they set up their system for loss of depth models. Weird how they call the extra details "goblins", huh?

Anyway, these have all been uploaded.
Goblins certainly are interesting parts. Mostly adding small bumps and details to the main model. Maybe an optimization thing that could be disabled depending on the set detail level (in the menus).

In unrelated news - Who needs sleep when you can rip models instead? Smile