The VG Resource

Full Version: Super Wario Bros?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
K so I needed some 8bit versions of Wario and Waluigi for Midas Machine. I actually needed them so that I could edit them into these weird pseudo 3D sprites, but thats another story. Either way, after I made the sprites for the game, I was left with the custom made base sprites that I don't need. Idk, I figured I'd post them.
[Image: 30sbm7d.jpg]

I made sure (unless I missed something) that they would fit the size limits based on the sprites that each frame is based off of, and I believe the colors fit with the limitations, but I've never sprites SMB style before so idk.

EDIT- Hello? Anyone out there? I've started the big versions.
[Image: 24qo6is.jpg]
cool stuff
make wario shorter in the big versions. even for the style, he looks really weird being that tall..
I like the idea!
I think that for now, your sprites look far too much like Mario rather than the style of the game itself.
I made an edit where I changed the proportions and palette to try to get the Wario likeness:
[Image: saNrVUS.png]
Using the GB sprites as a reference was quite helpful.
Keep it up! Smile
Excellent work Chris! Your SMB Wario looks truly authentic.
Now a sprite sheet of that Wario would be neat, especially for it to use it in a SMB romhack or fangame.
Tried editing mine based on Chris's edit.
[Image: 145s92.jpg]
Wario is now 2 pixels shorter. Idk if this would cause any issues with the limitations or anything.
I think you'll find that Wario is larger than Mario, so I'd make him 32 pixels high, but (maximum) 24 instead of 16 pixels wide.
(03-04-2013, 05:14 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: [ -> ]I think you'll find that Wario is larger than Mario, so I'd make him 32 pixels high, but (maximum) 24 instead of 16 pixels wide.

I just wasn't sure if that would cause any issues in terms of style or limitations.

EDIT-[Image: 3464238.jpg]
I got mixed up with the proportions and I ended up with some sort of top heavy wario. Gotta find a way to round him out without making him look morbidly obese.
Sorry to double post, but I think I have one I'm happy with, or at least happier with.
[Image: 21bouvc.jpg]
Idk how to explain it but I feel like this one fits the style design wise. Like how Mario's design was then overall compared to later games. Then again, I'm kinda tired so I am most likely wrong.
It's not really a question of right or wrong, but I agree that this version is looking pretty good! Smile