The VG Resource

Full Version: Where is an image program on Windows 8?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was trying to make a screenshot of something from my game.

Now I normally (On my Windows Vista) press Alt+Printscreen, open Paint program, press Ctrl+V, and then save it.

But I'm on my brother's computer right now, and he has Windows 8 (Or whatever OS has boxesboxesboxes) and I can't even find a program for handling printscreen stuff. The fact that I've never even touched Windows 8 doesn't help either. The only thing I could find was something called FreshPaint but I don't think that works. He also went out bowling just now so I can't ask him at the moment.

Does Windows 8 have a program for handling images via Ctrl+V like on the previous versions or is it just completely different?
Ohh ok.

I gotta move my mouse to the top/bottom right of the desktop for that 'Charms' bar or whatever, click on search, and type in Paint or scroll over to Paint, and then I can figure it out from there.

Thanks. I never even knew that bar existed.
(02-24-2013, 09:06 PM)Chirp Wrote: [ -> ]Ohh ok.

I gotta move my mouse to the top/bottom right of the desktop for that 'Charms' bar or whatever, click on search, and type in Paint or scroll over to Paint, and then I can figure it out from there.

Thanks. I never even knew that bar existed.

I had this issue with my win 8 machine, I ended up using a shell program to help return the win7 flavour with a start menu.

http://www.classicshell.net/

Just in case this helps and you're still sick of the search menu