The VG Resource

Full Version: Hello Everyone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(This'll be a short story if you don't mind Big Grin)

Hi, my name is SephRaz.
I am new here. But i used the Sprites to exist here way before.
I began spriting since i was 8 (2009, yes i'm 13 before this July 23rd).
I began with Pokemon Recolors and Fusions, to Trainer Sprite making in some Pokemon forums.
But now i have neglected my MSPaint capability to sprite(2012-Now). I played a Castlevania MUGEN, which is Castlevania Fighter. There is where i got the idea to sprite again, thus making me search for a proper spriting forum. Since i loved the game "League of Legends". I wanted to make custom sprite sheets of them to put in MUGEN. Yes, all 100+ Champs, a project that i will begin this march.
I came here for resources and i might pick up something good. Yes, from you people Smile. I hope i get a nice and warm stay in this forum. Thank you all for reading Big Grin.

Also, i didn't forget to read the rules, right now i am about to read it as i have finished typing.
Hey SephRaz, welcome to the Resource! New spriters are always welcome, hopefully the swell people here can help you improve your skills.

A word of warning though: try not to have too high ambitions (in this case spriting 100+ guys). That's not to say you've got an absurd goal in mind, but I mean when I was your age (not long ago: I'm only 17 now) I wanted to do a whole bunch of stuff which never happened. I won't go on a rant or anything but let's just say I know that it's best to start with short-term goals before starting on big projects. For example if you want to make an MMO before you've even made a simple 2-player game then it's either going to take ages (like, really forever), or (more likely) not happen. Sort of a "walk before you can run" kind of deal.

I don't want to discourage you or anything, I mean your idea seems awesome. I just thought to give you some advice on this sort of stuff, since I've been up that alley and it wasn't very nice. Maybe your ideas are more reasonable than mine were though, I mean I wanted to make entire games in C++ by myself which I guess was pretty crazy.

In any case, I hope you have a nice warm stay here too, and good luck with your project Smile
Much thanks to your reply kind sir Big Grin
I won't do "all 100+". I will slowly put the project in stages in which i shall slowly finish the whole game.
Also, i won't be pure ambition, i wanted to do it for my fellow friends who like the game.
Yes, i pretty much was like you. I had an idea from pure ambition once. But of course, summer is close(here in the Philippines at least.), and i have time Smile

On to the topic, i just wanted to let you know.
I will follow your ways and everyone else's.
Hi SephRaz, welcome to the Resource Community Genki ^_^
Hope i do Mr Previous Big Grin
welcome to TSR, SephRaz! please enjoy your stay~
Thank y'all for the warm welcome guys!

To all who will reply again for a welcome, the thank is applied Big Grin
Nice story. Welcome aboard. Smile