The VG Resource

Full Version: anyone wanna make a 3d model for swell ol orgasmatron
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
here is a copy and paste

------------

Hi, I'm looking for a 3D model created of a pentagon-shaped for use as a car emblem.

Each side is 1 3/4s inches long and the height of the piece is 1/16 of an inch. I would like the piece to have some dimension with each triangle that makes up the pentagon, with sharp edges connecting the triangles. Here is an image to give you an idea:

http://i.imgur.com/aWEycfq.png

On the left is the actual piece that the pentagon will be placed into in place of that red one. I'll be having it made in a clear plastic to replicate the crystal look as seen on the right picture.

I hope I made everything clear, if you have any questions just get back to me.

Thanks,

Corey

---------------

there are specific file formats its gotta be, here are the apparent supported ones

STL, OBJ, X3D, DAE, Collada or VRML97/2 (WRL).

reason im dropping it here is although i can paid to have it done, id rather have it done for free, obviously. ALTHOUGH, if you really like i can pay like 3 fitty
filebeam
here ya go, for free. if there are any problems just tell me Smile
whoa thanks a ton, but serious question, how do i look at it
there're lots of free model viewers out there, usually Blender or 3DS Max are recommended,
but if you only ever want to look at models, then Noesis is a smaller-sized and easier alternative.
(maybe alexmach should make a quick render Shy)
actually i got it and you did a really good job and you dont know how much this means to me but

its supposed to be just the pentagon shape, not the outer lip (the chrome on the lock image) and the center star isnt meant to be included, just flat surfaces (each triangle that makes up the pentagon is just completely flat and connect to each other by sharp corners)

once again you got no idea how much this means to me!!
(02-20-2013, 02:55 PM)Orgasmatron Wrote: [ -> ]its supposed to be just the pentagon shape, not the outer lip (the chrome on the lock image) and the center star isnt meant to be included, just flat surfaces (each triangle that makes up the pentagon is just completely flat and connect to each other by sharp corners)

whoops
included are some .obj files of alternatives, I think I got it right this time.
the one you have named obj is absolutely perfect, i was just wondering how to confirm the dimensions of it

im going to be having this made by a 3d printer site for use on my car

i didnt realize how cheap it was to get 3d objects like that actually made, ill post the results once i get it settled out

thanks so much
ok the site is telling me this

The 3D model Perfect you recently uploaded didn't pass all our automated checks, so it's not yet ready for 3D printing.

Your model was too big for any of our 3D Printers.

Our printers have a maximum bounding box size (h x w x d) of 650 x 350 x 550 mm / 25.59 x 13.78 x 21.65 inches.

what could be going wrong because i know you didntmade it that big
(02-20-2013, 09:57 PM)Orgasmatron Wrote: [ -> ]what could be going wrong because i know you didntmade it that big

try this, it's obj.obj except resized.
alexmach please dont kill me but

thats the first one you made with the outer lip and star design
ok alex pls dont kill me

its saying the size, while acceptable, is

in: 5.116 w x 0.464 d x 4.865 h

its gotta be

Each side is 1 3/4s inches long and the height of the piece is 1/16 of an inch.

i could just be confused, but i really dont know

only reason im being such a pain is this is going to be made a physical object that needs exact measurements
that's my fault, I forgot to reset the units and confused radius settings for diameter. this should work, 2 files using different unit measurements.

also, what website are you using? that way, if the above files fail then I can mess around with settings until I get it right.
http://www.shapeways.com/

yeah, its cool. i had no idea 3d printing had gotten this cheap

btw i kiss u 2 times *mwa mwa* '3'

edit

for some reason, the site is uploading the shape with no dimension and just a flat service, why would this be?

EDIT

nevermind my bad

ok im really sorry but im a LITTLE bit confused

for the inches, the site measures the shape as

3.166 w x 0.198 d x 3.328 h

its a little early in the morning but am i just not seeing something or

i know i sound like "durr do this measurement for me" but i am genuinely feeling pretty dumb

the only measurement that is really THAT important is the length of the sides, its gotta be 1 3/4s inches long, everything else doesnt matter nearly as much
Pages: 1 2