The VG Resource

Full Version: Anyone Like Capcom fighting games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I just bought SF3. I am not good at it, but me and my brother were sparing. He's only 10 and he's already hard to beat...The mechanics are built for him I guess. I'm Makoto.

Here is a video of me thrashing him in CvS2. I went easy on him because he get sensitive when I over kill.

I'm Team Yamazaki and he is Team Joe (The guy that sounds like Link).

CvS's mechanics are better to me. I guess that's because I'm good at Mugen.

My Question to everyone is what is the best Capcom fighting game and why?
The best CAPCOM fighting game will always be Street Fighter 2 Rainbow Edition. Why? go look for a video of it on YouTube. it's simply amazing.

Also holy shit, that was quite the comeback in the second round for Sean
I got cocky and he got me in a corner and psyched out all of my parry attempts.

-Without SF2 there would be no other fighters. I had SF2 Championship Edition on Sega Genesis. So that one is my favorite. I also have SF2 on my PS3.

But to me the best one is Capcom vs SNK 2. I'm also good at Marvel Super Heroes but that game get's broken.
(02-20-2013, 05:06 AM)Gorsalad Wrote: [ -> ]The best CAPCOM fighting game will always be Street Fighter 2 Rainbow Edition. Why? go look for a video of it on YouTube. it's simply amazing.

Also holy shit, that was quite the comeback in the second round for Sean

I...I....I don't.....what?
What the hell just happened? Lmao. That game is crap lmfao!!!
Anything CPS2 based, cause i just love the sprite work. Mostly the SFA trilogy and Darkstalkers.

With Darkstalkers, it appeals to me due to being a fan of classic horror films and mythological creatures.
Funnily enough. I never cared about Morrigan, for two things. She's a bit overrated, and the obvious fansevice bugs me. Have the same Opinion with Rouge the Bat. I prefer two: Felicia and Lord Raptor.
The Former due to having similarities with Sonic the Hedgehog, and looks adorable even if she's naked. Tongue
The latter due to him resembling both Eddie the Head and Bon Scott between forms, and he's Australian. That and i enjoy heavy metal music.

The crossover fighters are always fun to play. even though the ones not by Capcom have been mediocre, SVC Chaos for starters.

The one i was disappointed with was Capcom Fighting Jam.
- Wasted Roster that's mostly Street Fighter characters.
- Recycled sprites with only Zangief and Dimitri receiving new sets.
- The fact it was a loose remake of a cancelled game that looked like garbage.
- Only good thing was the inclusion of Red Earth characters. A boss-rush type fighter.

After seeing that Rainbow Edition video, that was freaking ridiculous. Surprise
(02-20-2013, 05:46 AM)dolphman Wrote: [ -> ]I never cared about Morrigan, for two things. She's a bit overrated, and the obvious fansevice bugs me. Have the same Opinion with Rouge the Bat. I prefer two: Felicia and Lord Raptor.

Felicia is fan service too XD! I hate the Marvel vs Capcom series. I own all 3 and I enjoy playing number 1 and 2, but number 3 is the one that I wouldn't even let my worst enemy play. It's so combo happy. That game is basically the first person to land their B&B wins. Which I can't stand.

I never played Darkstalkers. I wanted to but just never bothered to buy or emulate it. I liked Cyber Bots but that game is very broken haha.
yet another one,

Rainbow edition SFs are the most hilarious things ever conceived

Going to put up some matches between my cousin and I. He's a rank 20 and I am a rank 1.
(02-20-2013, 05:53 AM)Novally Wrote: [ -> ]Felicia is fan service too XD!

True, but not as over the top as Morrigan. It's weird really, when Felicia's actually naked with fur only censoring the crotch and nipples.
And there's also the problem with artist, official and fan made, always colouring her eyes wrong. They're officially green.

If you want to try the series out, They're re-releasing it to XBLA and PSN on March as a compilation. I for one am going to buy it once it comes out.
Also, Yoshinori Ono has been pestering Capcom to give DS some more love, with fans backing him up. Most people only know the characters from the crossovers, which is just sad.

Still wish they did something better with Tatsunoko Vs Capcom. The Wii wasn't really the best system for a Capcom fighter.
Darkstalkers Resurrection. I heard of it. I was trying to download TvC but I would use a GC controller even though it wouldn't be attractive. I remember my mom had bought me CvS:EO for GameCube, those controls were disgusting. So I'm sure the controls would be just as nasty in TvC.

DS? DS has Phoenix Wright? That's more than enough love! (I love PW!!!!!)

Also, PS3>Xbox.
(02-20-2013, 07:09 AM)Novally Wrote: [ -> ]DS? DS has Phoenix Wright? That's more than enough love! (I love PW!!!!!)

Also, PS3>Xbox.

Oops, i mean Darkstalkers. Sorry to get your hopes up. Embarassed

I actually never tried those games. The most i know about it is the memes it created, and the characters of the first game.
I feel stupid for that...Well here are some matches I just had against my cousin. I'm Vlad.

I was doing really well for someone who just started. He's a rank 20...I'm a rank 1 and he was having trouble. Imagine when I get more experience...?

And here is my cousin thrashing some random person who stumbled in our game room. I don't know why it has my name but his PSN is Fontanimus.

the reason that Morrigan is more 'fan-service oriented' is that she is a succubus, so it fits. She is a demon that has sex with men to eat their souls. (and considering that she never had sex in any official media afaik, she's ben pretty mild for a succubus)

Unecessary stuff aside, the designers originally wanted to make a cute succubus and a sexy catwoman, but they ended up reversing roles.
Nice explanation! I wanted to know you opinion on my matches lol.
Pages: 1 2