The VG Resource

Full Version: HUGE Duck hunt custom spritesheet update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, a few years ago I posted a custom spritesheet for the NES game Duck Hunt.

That sheet was essentially a preview for the animation I had in progress. Now that has been complete, theres a whole bunch of new graphics for multiple characters and scenery elements available.

This sheet is a collection of all the custom sprites built for the animation

To see the sheet follow the link to the Deviant Art submission
http://championfeatures.deviantart.com/a...-354459708

DOWNLOAD TO SEE THE CLEAN GIF IMAGE

If you would like to see the animation it all amounted to, please watch on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R72RhdL8n70

Thanks for reading!
features.
if the image is too large wrap the img tags in spoiler tags
I would like to replace my current sheet on tSr that has close to 15,000 views with this final version
http://www.spriters-resource.com/custom_...heet/22868

Also is there a template so that I can make a new thumbnail?
You can find an icon template (and an icon maker) here.

Personally I think it'd be better to cut away that huge drawing on the bottom before putting it on tSR.
(02-15-2013, 05:21 PM)Previous Wrote: [ -> ]You can find an icon template (and an icon maker) here.

Personally I think it'd be better to cut away that huge drawing on the bottom before putting it on tSR.
That is an original illustration that I personally drew in conjunction with the Super Duck hunt sprite project and animation.

If the administrators on tSr have a problem with it, they may feel free to crop it out. Personally for the sheer size of the sheet I don't think a relatively small footer illustration does anything but aid the entire piece, especially when viewed as a thumbnail (meaning the whole sheet, viewed in a smaller state, not the tSr thumbnail).

The illustration is in keeping with the style of sprites (limited colour palette) and helps promote the animation I made the sprites for, which is very important; the sprites WOULD NOT exist without that project.

I feel that keeping the illustration helps respect that fact, but again if the admins have a culture or strict rule against illustrations I will understand.

Thanks for the link btw, Ill put together a thumbnail, with pixelated graphics Smile
at the very least you could make it smaller, it'd be perfectly readable at even a quarter of the size, its current size dare I say its not readable, it doesn't even fit on my screen! the effort put into it is kind of lost if people can't see the piece as a whole.
(02-15-2013, 06:02 PM)Bombshell93 Wrote: [ -> ]at the very least you could make it smaller, it'd be perfectly readable at even a quarter of the size, its current size dare I say its not readable, it doesn't even fit on my screen! the effort put into it is kind of lost if people can't see the piece as a whole.

[Image: superduckhunt_icon.png]

Its as small as the width of the piece allows, and if the sheet was any narrower, it would have to be so much longer.

The illustration is made to fit, already trimming it down quite alot, see original piece below:
It would have to be squashed to make it any smaller, and as a spriter I'm sure you know how important aspect ratio is Smile
Geez, dude what is up with that sheet. Looks like random sprites slammed together. There is also things on the sheet that can be removed or scaled to be smaller. It could be broken into separate sheets.
The spritesheet is organised as well as I am prepared to make it, this is an archive of all the graphics I made to produce the animation; super duck hunt.

There's many hundreds of hours worth of work here, over the course of close to 10 years.

I have no further time to invest in this project, If you want to make use of these resources, its all there with each related sprite organised next to one another, to ask me to do any more would be to miss the point of why I uploaded and to come across as fairly disrespectful.

Very few sprite animators make graphics of their own let alone anything to this scale, especially not full sprites that others interested in game design could ever use.

Sprite animations such as "Sonic for Hire" use and reuse separate body parts that can perform a variety of positions.

The full sprited style I use for animation is much, much more time consuming and less malleable. I did not have to make the cartoon this way but seeing that I have, I can share these assets with the rest of the community, assets I no longer need or necessarily wish to work on again.

You may not see value in them yourself, but maybe someone else does and this has been uploaded for them.

I am an animator not a hobby sprite maker, please don't ask me to do anymore when this is really all I can and should offer.
I just watched it, but why weren't any of the mario bros in the story???
I liked it though.
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to submit them as is. Maybe you could just have in a zip file to download because the image is so big???
These would go well for a 8 bit sprite comic, due to all the various poses.
This may be in the wrong forum, I was meaning to post as a submission not a working project.

If a mod could move it that would be grand.

Virtuaboy123, Im glad you liked it. The lack of Mario bros was essentially the concept for the animation. Make a Mario pixel parody with another famous but under used character as its protagonist.

Save to say, if it was just a straight Mario movie it wouldn't have taken nearly as much effort to make.

The challenge was to revolve the movie around Duck Hunt; a game with only a small handful of sprites.
Moved. It's up to the site staff to decide if they want to update it as-is or whatevs.
Over 32,000 people have viewed the Super Duck Hunt animation on Newgrounds.com, with an average score of 4.2 / 5 (old version). I have received numerous requests for the sprites featured within.

Now that version 1.2 has been uploaded to Youtube

There is demand for this sprite sheet and I hope it benefits tSR to host it.

Thanks for your time!
features
updated.