The VG Resource

Full Version: Swanky's Bonus Bonanza DKC2 background rip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I ripped the background of Swanky's Bonus Bonanza from Donkey Kong Country 2. I realize that there are a few rips out there already, but they are still-frame rips. My rip includes all 3 frames of animation that the neon light sign shows. So, I present my second sprite rip (MUCH easier and more pathetic than my first).

[attachment=1087]
Very cool. Simple, but cool.

EDIT: Ah, I see you're doing a fair bit from DKC2. Glad to hear it. I should get back to ripping those games...
(09-17-2008, 12:39 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]Very cool. Simple, but cool.

EDIT: Ah, I see you're doing a fair bit from DKC2. Glad to hear it. I should get back to ripping those games...

The DKC trilogy are probably my favorite games ever! I'll keep trying to find new things to rip as well.

I know this image was already ripped, but the other two animation frames are missing.
I have a partial rip of DKC1's miscellaneous objects and enemies. I can upload them if you want to help.
(09-17-2008, 01:11 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]I have a partial rip of DKC1's miscellaneous objects and enemies. I can upload them if you want to help.

Many have been ripped already. I'm taking it easy and not tiring myself out on any sort of deadlines or promises of rips. I might do other SNES games too, but I'm looking into the crevices of the DKC games where people missed things. Some of the backgrounds had animations and stuff that seem looked over. My job is to look for these little animation details that everyone seems to miss. I'll be going slow though.

If my sprites help you to make your sheets, Tonberry2k, feel free to use them. You seem pretty adept at the DKC games.

One sprite I'd like to complete is the Kleever boss. His current rip is a little incomplete. I'll just do some random DKC rips here and there every so often. I don't want to burn myself out or stress about it. I want to have some fun! Smile

I appreciate your offer to help Tonberry2k, but at the moment, I'm just beginning to learn how to rip. If you want to post your own, it would help me figure out what has or hasn't been ripped already. I won't take your rips as my own though.

Question: this place is for sprites, but what about animated backgrounds in games? Am I allowed to post them?
Backgrounds are a-ok.
I just loved saving it so I could type "Swanky Bonus"