The VG Resource

Full Version: Lux-Pain - Various Rips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Game: Lux-Pain
System: Nintendo DS

These are my first rips, so please let me know if there is anything I can do better for them.
first off, we don't have this game on the site, so we'll need a game icon (that contains a screenshot of the game in action), and the QR Cards also seems to need an icon, so if you could help with that it'd be great. Tongue
btw sorry for taking so long to get to this. :s
I think the parts (backgrounds, fonts, portraits, etc.) are enough and also more useful.

If we go with this, then we could also accept message boxes.
I also want to mention about taking care about blank space on the sheets. as in, making sure the sprites don't have too much space between them horizontally and vertically (this doesn't mean having them so close the pixels touch though of course Tongue), kept decently cropped, and that your credit tag doesnt outstretch it too much.
Ok, here is the game icon:
[Image: Lux-Pain-icon_zps752de77e.png]

And here is the icon for the QR Cards:
[Image: Lux-Pain-QRCards_icon_zps37ba48ac.png]
(02-19-2013, 12:49 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: [ -> ]I think the parts (backgrounds, fonts, portraits, etc.) are enough and also more useful.
What about this? Just the assembled screens are useless. You should give Barubary's tools and Tinke a try.
you can find Tinke plus a tutorial (written by redblueyellow) here: http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...?tid=21436
RedBlueYellows DS Ripping tutorial:
http://spriters-resource.com/community/s...?tid=21436

And a PM with other helpful information:
I looked through the tutorial and figured out the basics to Tinke.

I have a few general questions.

1. When ripping sheets should I make a thread for each sheet, game, or just a general thread?

2. For one sheet I am working on I am not sure if I should split it into smaller sheets or make it one very large sheet. It is the idle map icons for the different classes in FE12 and their palettes. If it would be individual sheets it would look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/xjl4YIb.png
1. general threads are preferred, but you don't have to if you don't plan to submit often. otherwise one thread would be better.
2. they should be all together as they are not big enough to warrant their own sheets.
I wouldn't make the palettes that large. Also since there are only two palettes per character, I think you could also just put the other colour version up instead of the palettes - especially the way you have it now, it wouldn't even need more space, but actually less!

Another thing is the transparency: Those sprites there lost their black outlines since they're on a black background (the first and third (and last) palette colours are the same).

Are the idle animations all you can get? If I remember correctly, Shadow Dragon had files with the idle animations and files with all animations, thought I'd have to re-check that. I assume FE12 does it in a similar fashion?

PS: I looked at the Shadow Dragon files. They have those idle animations in a "2" folder and all frames for all map unit animations in a "3" folder. However, those won't display properly due to some palette index issues (I ripped them using a tool I made that corrects them).
(02-25-2013, 04:19 AM)Previous Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't make the palettes that large. Also since there are only two palettes per character, I think you could also just put the other colour version up instead of the palettes - especially the way you have it now, it wouldn't even need more space, but actually less!

Another thing is the transparency: Those sprites there lost their black outlines since they're on a black background (the first and third (and last) palette colours are the same).

Are the idle animations all you can get? If I remember correctly, Shadow Dragon had files with the idle animations and files with all animations, thought I'd have to re-check that. I assume FE12 does it in a similar fashion?

PS: I looked at the Shadow Dragon files. They have those idle animations in a "2" folder and all frames for all map unit animations in a "3" folder. However, those won't display properly due to some palette index issues (I ripped them using a tool I made that corrects them).
How can I get them with the black outlines, besides hard ripping them, Is there any way to do that with the files?

The files seem to be similar to FE11, so what tool do I need to fix the other animations?
You could change the palette data manually with a hex editor. That's basically what I am doing except not really. I have my own program to convert such graphics and it has an option to replace palette colour #0 with my own choice, this way I can avoid such overlaps.

All those files are awfully similar, though the event scenes are now packed into one file each instead of three files per image. Plus they now use LZ11 at some points and not only LZ10...
The map character sprites use the same format as in Shadow Dragon, so my tool can convert them easily (the manual way would be to fill the palette files to push the palettes into the right spot) so all that's left is glueing them together on a sheet. I've also got the mugshots and portraits, player avatar, battle animations and several scene images. I guess you can leave these to me (especially since my tool is hardly user-friendly and the manual way means a lot of work) and I'll throw them up during the next few days.
I have another question. I tried getting sprites from Chrono Trigger for the DS and Lux-Pain using Tinke. I think I found the location of some of the sprites, but I am unable to find the palette for them. Is there any way to open special sprites that don't seem to have a palette?
While you could just use whatever palette you have at hand, they wouldn't turn out correctly. Different games handle things differently, so the palettes may be inside the sprite files or in some files with vague names. Maybe this guide is helpful. In some cases, you may even have to extract the files and use tools like TiledGGD to get the graphics.
Pages: 1 2