The VG Resource

Full Version: would anyone be interested in these?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was looking through my computer files and rediscovered a zip file of all the spirtes from MLP: Online that the developers released when they canceled the project. am I allowed to submit them here? i did'nt make them nor did I rip them. but they are way too good to be collecting dust in my computer.

then again someone else might have already uploaded them to the site? i admit i have'nt been in the sprite section for quite a while and was just wondering. should I provide a link to theire original DL or just send a link to my copy of the zip?

sorry if i broke a rule or 10....i just did'nt know if a sprite set released to the public by the creators would be allowed on this site since we mostly do ripping.

with that in mind....another question arises. like furcadia sprites? are they uploadable here? but seeing as they are so easy to access i'm not sure.
They will surely be acceptable. They're not on the site yet and whether or not they're released by the creators you can submit them. The reason this site is mostly about ripping is because most games' sprites are difficult to get, but to be honest it'd be stupid if we could only submit difficult to rip sprites. I myself submitted World of Goo sprites which are a piece of cake to get. TSR is basically just supposed to be a collection of as many game sprites as possible, whether or not they're easy or difficult to get.

So feel free to submit them. If they're not too many you can just put them in a single ZIP and submit it as "everything", but if it's too big you'll have to split it into separate archives (or someone might be able to do it for you). Same should go Furcadia, the fact that they're easy to rip isn't an issue.
as long as you extracted the Furcadia sprites and not using someone else's rips, then they are good.
furcadia sprites are VERY easy to get, a main part of the game is editing the sprites to create your own worlds.
problem is there are thousands of sprites....since the game has been up and running since the early 1990s
I'm assuming that's counting everybody's custom sprites, they shouldn't be included since they're not official sprites. You should only submit ones that ship with the original game (someone correct me if I'm not completely right about this).

If there are a lot of official ones however, you can just submit bits and pieces whenever, there's no pressure to submit them all at once.
no not custom sprites, when you edit sprites for your own dream (user generated world) you copy the default sprites into a separate folder. custom furcadia sprites would take years to upload them all.

hrm... the problem with furcadia sprites is that they are colored strange by default, hair is pink fur is grey etc. so that what ever colors the player is useing on there charecter it shows up on the avatar.