The VG Resource

Full Version: RPG sprites (tiles'n'stuff)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello fellow spriters, it's me again.

I haven't posted anything here since about two years ago, and I haven't done a lot of spriting since then either. I went and looked back and some of the things I posted then, and to be honest I thought they looked pretty terrible, so hopefully I've improved quite a bit since then.

Anyway,

I'm working on an RPG for a major school project, using RPG Maker VX Ace to make it with. I haven't done a huge amount of work the sprites, mostly just tiles.

These is the work on the outside tiles I've done
[Image: TILESETFORUPLOAD-2.png]

And the inside ones,
[Image: TILESETFORUPLOAD-1.png]

And I have some animations for a NPC Shrubling (plant person) and the first character who joints your party (named Flurble)

[Image: MShrubling_FwdWalk.gif]

[Image: Flurble_FwdWalk.gif]

I have done the side and up walking poses for Flurble, but there are a few little things I want to fix before I post them.
It seems to me that the door sprites on the first sheet don't follow the top-down perspective you set for your sprites.
Some of your colours, especially the shelves and closet things, could use more contrast. The darker shades could be less saturated, too. You also have a lot banding going on (following a line of pixels with an other line of pixels right next to it) which makes them look blurry.
I really like these. Plan to keep going?
I added some extra contrast to the dark shades on the wooden furniture, and I desaturated some of the other dark shades.

I didn't realise how blurry the banding was making the sprites look. Thanks for pointing it out. I got rid of almost all of it, except for on the sides of the areas with highlights on them (top of the wooden furniture and fence posts) because I think it adds some extra depth. or something.

[Image: TILESETFORUPLOAD-4.png]

[Image: TILESETFORUPLOAD-3.png]

EDIT:

Side and Up walking animations for Flurble
[Image: Flurble_SideWalk.gif]
[Image: Flurble_UpWalk.gif]