The VG Resource

Full Version: Make me gifs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unusual request here: I am gonna start tinkering in a multimedia fusion game idea. It's not one of the many ones I've already started, it's more of a pet project. The thing is that I already made about 100+ different objects with sheets ranging from as little as 4 to as many as 16 frames of animation total (average is on the lower end of the spectrum).

What I'm wondering is if anyone would have any interest in converting the frames into animated gifs for me. Animated gifs are easy to import into the program and to associate with their respective animations. It only cuts down a small portion of time, but in the long run with all of them combined it would save a lot of time.

I'm really just making this request in the off chance that someone on the forums REALLY likes to make animated gifs. The project is not that important in the long run, it's just a fun thing I want to do and anyone else would probably find it laughably bad. If there is anyone who loves just making gifs randomly, I'd love the help because I'm both busy with work and incredibly lazy. Thanks if you can, no worries if you can't.

I'll post a concept image after work to show the scale of everything.
To be honest I wouldn't actually mind doing this. I used to make random GIFs regularly from sheets here (mostly Mario ones) for avatars and it was enjoyable. It's been a while too so it'd be cool to do again (and maybe try out Previous's program).

However, I'm not exactly sure how reliable I can be. I mean, I haven't really got lots of spare time, but if it isn't extremely time consuming I'd enjoy doing it. So basically, I've got 2 questions:

How easy would it be to animate? That is, are there shadows or bounding boxes on the sprites, or would I have to figure out the positions myself?
Also, if I were to do this, how quickly would it need to be done? I know you're probably not reliant on this but I mean would you prefer it to be done fairly soon or is the rest of the project going to take some time anyway?

Basically I'd like to know these things to know if I can afford to take the time for it.
Thanks Puggsoy, I'll send a PM with details about it and you can decide what you want to do.