The VG Resource

Full Version: Legend of Zelda: WÜnd Waker (Wii U)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

A remake of Wind Waker for Nintendo WÜ.

I dunno maybe they'll put in those dungeons that were said to have been cut out?
All of my want us placed here, all of my money will be used to get this. I am excited.
They sure fucked up the graphics.
uh,

the original graphics do have plenty of charms of their own, but I honestly think they look better now. I like when you have a harder time seeing the polygons on the models. Big Grin

it might also look a bit bright, but I feel like they'll do it in a way that wont be overbearing.

if we had a Wii U I would get this.
yeah i feel this remake is going to lose the charm of the original also my god the sky is way to bright same for the environment, i would rather stick with my gamecube version Smile also graphics aren't everything everybody!
Nyerg, I still wanna play Wind Waker. Given it's the prequel to Phantom Hourglass I expect it's similar, at least in terms of atmosphere.
The graphics look worse than what I've seen of the original, or at least what they showed of Link and Tetra. I mean, HD and high-polygon is cool, but weren't the models originally cell-shaded or something? These look kind of flat and lifeless. Then again, these could just be beta renders.

Also, English subtitled version of the video:

Wind Waker is 5000 times better than Phanyom Hourglass.
[Image: WiiU_ZeldaWindWakerND_Scrn02.jpg]
[Image: WiiU_ZeldaWindWakerND_Scrn09.jpg]
(01-23-2013, 02:03 PM)Mighty Jetaku Wrote: [ -> ]Wind Waker is 5000 times better than Phanyom Hourglass.

I'd expect so, Phanyom Hourglass being nonexistent and all.

Seriously though, what gameplay style does it have? From the shots in this video it looks a bit like OoT, personally I prefer the top-down style of the handheld-specific games to the third-person perspective, hence me not having finished OoT yet. It might just be that specific game though, since I haven't played any other Zelda game in that perspective.
It looks awesome to me... I'm psyched!
I like how the characters and environments look, frankly

Though the bloom is a little overdone

Can't wait can't wait, this is gonna be great
Previous why on Earth did you make two threads for just Wind Waker and Yoshi when you could have a Nintendo Direct topic! Now it's awkward to make a whole Nintendo Direct topic because it would render these useless but I don't want to make separate threads for damn near everything else that was announced!

... permission to start a dedicated Nintendo Direct thread for today's and subsequent announcements?

EDIT: I'm honestly just hoping the graphics end up shaping up a bit better? It's all just a bit too blindingly bright. I'm excited though.
(01-23-2013, 04:04 PM)Tellis Wrote: [ -> ]Previous why on Earth did you make two threads for just Wind Waker and Yoshi when you could have a Nintendo Direct topic! Now it's awkward to make a whole Nintendo Direct topic because it would render these useless but I don't want to make separate threads for damn near everything else that was announced!

From the databases course I learned how to partition attribute sets while keeping functional dependencies and being lossless.

I'm not a huge fan of supertopics. The cost of having seperate topics is sooo small but we gain a tidier discussion structure! This way the quite disjunct conversations as well as the information are seperated so whoever cares about the one can find it. Supertopics only really have a point when there's tiny things that wouldn't get much attention anyways.
So I made topics for what I deemed the most noteworthy - I hardly care about the other announcements I heard of at all. Whoever wants to discuss them is free to make threads :-P

I never finished Wind Waker on the Cube. Maybe one day I'll play it on some WÜ if I should ever do such a thing? I'm afraid it will be just a cheap HD port instead of a remake with more content and whatnot.
Wind Waker is a great game, and yes this looks awesome (though the 'extra' shading seems to make it looks less charming?) but well, why? Like seriously? Why not make Link to the Past in 3D in these graphics or something? Just seems really really pointless.
The graphics for this remind me of play-doh.

Honestly I would have like this far better if nintendo made the effort to actually make the shading look like the art style.

But who am I kidding, if I got a Wii-U then I'd probably get it because I never played it before. But if I do then one thing is for sure, I don't want Tingle to overcharge me for a fucking map like everyone went on about when it came out.
Pages: 1 2 3