The VG Resource

Full Version: Backgrounds? Urbz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I started to rip Backgrounds from The Urbz: Sims in the City, but I ran in some problems.
I use the map viewer in VBA to rip them. The problem is that it only shows the part of the map thats on the screen at the moment. This makes some locations unreachable to me.

I need a solution for that.
Another tool or a wall hack might work but I found neither Rolleyes

The Map Viewer works fine if I'm indoor but as soon as I go out I have this problem.

[Image: WatersGym2_zps3a12a190.png]
The only other option I could think of would be to hunt down the palette, tileset and map data within the rom, but unless you know what you're looking for, chances are you won't find anything. Considering most games use LZ compression for these things, that makes it only harder. Even if you'd find the data, you'd still have to match palettes, tiles and maps together...

I'd suggest to rip what you can and leave blanks where you couldn't reach something.
(01-21-2013, 12:27 PM)Previous Wrote: [ -> ]I'd suggest to rip what you can and leave blanks where you couldn't reach something.

Okey dokey!
That's what a lot of other people had to do, since it's better to have most of it than none at all. Tongue
I ripped the Jail.
There is a part missing in the bottom left corner of the roof. The cutoffs on the sides are actually the end of the map.

I'm not sure if I should move the roof and the policeman to there own sheets or not.
What do you think?

[Image: Jail.png]
That looks very good! I'd say the police person can go on an NPCs sheet, yea.
I need a name for the icon as he dosn't have a name ingame.
How about Trashman? (If you talk to him it opens the "Recycling Center" menu)
His uniform suggests that he is an officer though. I guess "Recycling Center Man"? Whatever you see fit I suppose, heh.
If there aren't a lot of NPCs you can also just put him in a general "NPCs" sheet along with others, that way you don't have to worry about his name. Unless you're not planning to rip all the NPCs.

Anyway yeah for the name just use what you think most people would refer to him as or just what you think fits best. If there's a Wiki for the game you might find a common name for him there.
There are a lot of NPC, its a sims game after all Tongue
[Image: recyclingman_icon_zps14d98a86.png]
(01-22-2013, 05:43 PM)SuperFlorian12 Wrote: [ -> ]There are a lot of NPC, its a sims game after all Tongue
[Image: recyclingman_icon_zps14d98a86.png]

Thanks for posting this (like the name XD), its really useful. Big Grin
Necropost, this thread's from January, man. Please pay mind to post dates, read our rules and put more thought/effort into your posts. Locking.