The VG Resource

Full Version: Hiyna's Pancake machine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Military grade robots manufactured to douse pancakes with maple syrup!
[Image: c9b1fffb0c14dd961226ed91ad21f21b.png]

Well I am a bit sketchy about the walking animation could I have some help with that?
your outline and shading should be darker, your joints as balls looks bad at this angle (as I'm assuming their meant to be more like cylinder hinges)
and the walk looks off because the waist doesn't move. if you move the leg closest to view to the left while you move the back leg to the right with some tweaking it'll look like the little pelvis area is rotating which will make it look more like walking.
I really like the design though all I'd say on the design is make the face circle rounder, it looks like the far side is flatter than the other side.
If its actually made of metal, you'll need to shade it accordingly and add lots of contrast
[Image: metal_sphere.jpg?w=600&h=600]
Can you try animating the walking animation for the robot. I don't think we can judge much just by looking at its frames.
(01-13-2013, 05:33 PM)recolornerd Wrote: [ -> ]Can you try animating the walking animation for the robot. I don't think we can judge much just by looking at its frames.

Fail Robot Dance Parttttyyyyy!

[Image: 20abfb09fa4873e193522faae28d58a8.gif]

Also when I do change the color I'm thinking of more of a rough metal rather then a clean chrome, think KAOS from DKC3
[Image: 2ut6ohk.png]
I made a pair of edits
in the first I attempted to fix your shading, cut down on colors (you had WAY more blues than you needed), and add a solid, single-color outline
in the second I futzed around with the palette and added some stuff that you can ignore.
I hope this helps!
I wanted to make an edit but...zadaben nailed the color choice

he seems a bit imbalanced though, as if hes ready to fall over.

Also so much metal on such tiny legs? How is the robot even standing? let alone move? I think you should center the legs and make them larger and more steady Wink
Only thing I'd add to Zadaben's edits is higher contrast and reflective light. With metal, the "shiny" effect people see refers to the variety of reflected lights. The most simple indication is usually a small area of lighter where it would normally be darkest.
kind of like this, but more simplified:
[Image: stock-photo-macro-shot-of-silver-metal-b...314974.jpg]
[Image: 1NGHA]

i tried to make an edit with more contrast and metallic shading
Sweet Jesus! That's amazing!
but it's left hand is a claw that comes into a spike rather than a spike on its own
[Image: 4d23fc1e9992ea351686d4c6f6dfec9a.png]

Like so
[Image: 451b17d525bd21e6001840778c3346ae.gif]
Instead of directly using Lexou's edit, you should try to make your own version so you can learn how to shade metal objects.
I see it as an improvement.... even though you guys showed me to choose different colors
[Image: 469568a7ee59083ba473c1ffa64ceb63.png]
The darkest outlines are way to light. It makes the shape of the machine look fuzzy. Your window's highlight also needs to be much lighter.
Ultimately, more contrast.
Improved Further!!!
[Image: ec03fda7e05cb133740eaaa37d902f0d.png]
Try adding a lighter area on the right of the main part like Lexou did, and maybe darken the main "dark" shade of the body part and I'd say you're set.

EDIT: Oh, and try smoothing out the window part on the left. By "shortening" the top left area it should be more circular.
Pages: 1 2