The VG Resource

Full Version: Portrait
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so apparently my last thread went missing? I can't find it in my recent threads?

Anyway,
[Image: 34is9xc.png]

Still don't know what to do with the nose

I'm trying to keep it minimalistic like my pixels in the past but you know...not awful

I haven't done this in a long time...maybe even years. So I'm incredibly rusty. All help is appreciated guys!
some noticeable straight lines you might want to fix up, namely the right of the jaw.
the light is a bit harsh on the neck where it'd typically be shade (as the head is blocking light from reaching there)
i'd also say you should work on your light tones a bit,its quite more yellow and quite lighter than the rest of the colours and so doesn't blend that well.
Question, why more yellow? I'm not really all to knowledgeable on colour theory. I kinda was going for the blending, so I'll make the necessary adjustments but should it be drastically more yellow or only subtly?

Thanks for the input, it really is appreciated.
I dont mean make the colour more yellow, I mean it is too yellow, make it less yellow and a bit darker (make it closer to your midtone)
More skin toned?
[Image: 555xer.png]
[Image: W9Dgi.png]
Okay, so I simplified this by keeping highlights and getting rid of some shading. I think you were trying to turn the head very slightly so I changed some parts of the face. Made pipe more readable and got rid of some of the banding you had going.
Chris you are the man! Thanks so much for this it's really helpful
Also try to avoid dithering because in most cases it isn't necessary and it's hard to use properly.